DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Love all the Beverly posts. Ba ha....i love watching poor unfortunate souls taste for the first time

Where exactly is the boardwalk conv center? will be at Pop with no car...looking to bus or bus/boat over to get credentials. thx!!

And I see the concert will be on the fountain stage.....i wondered..what if it rains?..
The boardwalk convention center is at the boardwalk. You'll have to take a bus to a park and then a bus to the boardwalk.

Just hope for no rain I guess?

The boardwalk convention center is at the boardwalk. You'll have to take a bus to a park and then a bus to the boardwalk.

Just hope for no rain I guess?
Can't you take the boat from either Epcot or Hollywood? Never been to the convention center, but have been to the Boardwalk.

Can't you take the boat from either Epcot or Hollywood? Never been to the convention center, but have been to the Boardwalk.
Yes you can. The Friendship boats leave from the International Gateway entrance/exit. However, with my experience from EPCOT, if the boat is there and not leaving yet, it is faster to walk even if the boats first stop is the Boardwalk from EPCOT. From Hollywood Studios, the boat is a better option in my opinion. The Boardwalk will be the 3rd stop though.

You can yes but depending on where they are coming from bus is probably easiest. It really depends on what your starting point is tho.

You can yes but depending on where they are coming from bus is probably easiest. It really depends on what your starting point is tho.
Another option could be a cab/UBER. Sometimes taking a bus from another resort to a park then a bus to Boardwalk can take a long time. I think it would be worth the investment to pay for transportation if they don't want to waste valuable time.

Yes you can. The Friendship boats leave from the International Gateway entrance/exit. However, with my experience from EPCOT, if the boat is there and not leaving yet, it is faster to walk even if the boats first stop is the Boardwalk from EPCOT. From Hollywood Studios, the boat is a better option in my opinion. The Boardwalk will be the 3rd stop though.
However if coming from say Pop you'd have to go through Epcot to get to the boats.

I Have a question regarding Credentials, I will be arriving Tuesday the 30th where as my friend who's coming down will not be there until Wednesday the 31st after 11:30 pm. Since his credentials and mine as well as the party passes were all ordered together, when I pick up my credentials will I be able to pick his up as well, Saving us precious time in the morning. TIY

Okay, I found an old post from the 10th Anniversary Mega Meet. In that post John said the "lead" reservation person may pick up the credentials for their group but not for anyone else.

Event he boat captains will tell you. Best bet when going from the Studios to the Boardwalk via Boat is to get off at the first stop, the Swan and Dolphin and take the short walk to the Boardwalk. You will get there faster than the boat every time.

Easiest thing to do, take the bus to EPCoT, Friendship to Boardwalk... I try to take the boat option as much as possible, I guess I like boats :)

Though that only works if you have tickets to the park that day to go through EPCOT, to the international gateway right? That would be my issue - so might just Uber it to save time

Though that only works if you have tickets to the park that day to go through EPCOT, to the international gateway right? That would be my issue - so might just Uber it to save time

If you walk through EPCoT to the gate way, yes, you need park access... With the boat, you do not...

If you walk through EPCoT to the gate way, yes, you need park access... With the boat, you do not...

Sorry to keep harping on this but it does impact my plans so I want to ensure I have this correct. I thought if you take the bus from Pop to EPCOT that would bring you to the front of EPCOT, then if you wanted to take the boat to the Boardwalk you need to get to the International Gateway, right? So you would need park access ... or is there a way to get from where the bus would drop you off to a boat launch without needing park access?

Which is your favorite at a Disney park?
My fave on property would be any of the resorts on the Sassagoula (OKW, POFQ, POR, SSR) to the Springs (I haven't been since it was Downtown). So gorgeous, relaxing, peaceful, and yet colorful and exciting when you hit the Springs - day or night!

Yours?

Sorry to keep harping on this but it does impact my plans so I want to ensure I have this correct. I thought if you take the bus from Pop to EPCOT that would bring you to the front of EPCOT, then if you wanted to take the boat to the Boardwalk you need to get to the International Gateway, right? So you would need park access ... or is there a way to get from where the bus would drop you off to a boat launch without needing park access?
Take the bus to DHS. You don't need to enter a park there to get on the boat to the Boardwalk or you could walk from there to the Boardwalk.

Take the bus to DHS. You don't need to enter a park there to get on the boat to the Boardwalk or you could walk from there to the Boardwalk.

Got it, thanks - I think it was that the original post had EPOCT in the equation so i was thrown off. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter