• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis 10th Anniversary mention - July 2016

I'm catching up on the podcasts today and heard all the info about the plans for the 10th Anniversary.

Yep. I'm a bit disappointed that the only actual scheduled event will be the podcast recording. I was hoping they would have some official activity each day but I'm good with the informal stuff, too. I know the team from the NE DIS meet is putting together a monorail scavenger hunt so that should be fun. And they mentioned something about each member of the podcast team hosting a meet in different places during the weekend.

We'll be there no matter what so it's all good.

I'm a little disappointed too, but I get that things don't always come together. All in all, I'm looking forward to the more casual events and to generally relaxing a lot on this vacation. It would be nice to see people out and about!

Yeah I about cried at the whole Richard Sherman bit. Would have been like a dream.

To be honest, I had no idea that Richard Sherman was even a possibility, so I didn't have time to get really upset. But I'm hoping that at some point in the future it will happen. And I'm excited about the possibility of seeing Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Broadway.

But gosh. Richard Sherman. :lovestruc I love those boys.

So guys do you think if I ask my fiance to bump our wedding up to July so that we can honeymoon during the Dis 10th anniversary celebration that he would go for it?

Kidding but really if I didn't hoard my vacation days for September I'd totally be attending!

I haven't seen all of the shows this week. Richard Sherman?!?!?! No freakin' way! That would have been amazing.
True but when Kevin told us about it (without revealing what "it" was) he made it very clear that it was going to be "expensive" and he refused to quantify what expensive meant.

I tried to make this happen, but I can't compete with the possibility of a Broadway show.
I don't believe this for a minute @DisneyKevin, you alone compete with a Broadway show. Toss in the chance to meet Abigail and Corey and this trumps the superbowl and world series.

If it helps I will try to get Colm Wilkerson to join me on our trip, and since we often tour together I could ask Elton John to join me playing at Jelly Rolls.

(/QUOTE="DisneyKevin, post: 55423609, member: 90543"]I tried to make this happen, but I can't compete with the possibility of a Broadway show.[/QUOTE]
I'm quite sure you tried your hardest, and no matter what eventually comes about everybody will be totally grateful and enjoy, and I will be DEEP green with envy!! (Am already a pretty pastel celery shade, even this far out!) :)

I'm getting nervous...define "expensive". :crazy2: :)

The word "expensive" was used in conjunction with what I had hoped would be a private concert that , as mentioned above, can't happen because of work on an upcoming Broadway musical

The word "expensive" was used in conjunction with what I had hoped would be a private concert that , as mentioned above, can't happen because of work on an upcoming Broadway musical

Oh, okay...I understood that, but I thought that something equally expensive would be replacing it. Mr. Sherman will be missed immensely!

Has anyone been to a meet before, do they do big things?

The only official meets are podcast cruises and DISapalooza events. These are primarily organized by John. They are larger in magnitude than the podcast anniversary event will be as per what was discussed on recent shows. There will be a taping and informal meet and greets with members of the podcast team. Still though, it's a reason to celebrate! Hope to see you there!

So will there be someone or something of the same caliber in replacement of Mr. Sherman? (Kevin?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter