• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Direction Help - 417S to SSR

DVC4US

DVC Member Since 1998
I take this route all the time so know it by heart but want to make sure what I am telling my family is correct. I know they will use Google Maps but want to make sure what I am telling them is correct.

417S to exit 6 which will dump you onto World Center Drive. After you cross into Disney property it will be the second exit which will put you onto Disney Vacation Club Drive. Stay on this until you reach SSR.

Is this correct?

Thanks!
LeiLani

Hi, I believe the way you're phrasing it is accurate.

You can also let them know that Disney's signs point you to 'where you're going' rather than what road you're turning onto. If they're looking for "Vacation Club Drive" they won't see it, but they'll see something like this at the second exit instead,

1668798381087.png

And then this afterwards,

1668798447701.png

If you don't know the place like the back of your hand, it is a helpful way for them to sign things, but if you're more like me and habitually looking for street names rather than destination signs, you're going to have a learning curve!

Totally agree on the signs and I did let them know that. I think it is fairly easy to drive on property but you do have to know where you are going and what to look for.

Thanks!

Are they still working on 417? On our way back to the airport in October with Mears, 417 was a mess.
When we arrived, Mears took the BLine so I had no idea we would be tied up so badly on 417 with construction returning to the airport. Usually 417 is the smoothest way.

Are they still working on 417? On our way back to the airport in October with Mears, 417 was a mess.
When we arrived, Mears took the BLine so I had no idea we would be tied up so badly on 417 with construction returning to the airport. Usually 417 is the smoothest way.
Yes, 417 is still being worked on. The section between SR-528 and Exit 6 (International Dr) is being widened and construction is not expected to be completed until Spring 2024.

https://www.cfxway.com/for-traveler...s-from-international-drive-to-state-road-528/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter