Direct Eurostar services to DLP is under threat.

Oh no! What a shame that would be. I'm planning on using the direct service to return to London for our direct flight home to Calgary, Alberta, Canada next summer. There are no direct flights out of CDG, so it made sense to me to do this, since we are flying into London to begin our vacation. I think I'll hold off on booking flights until the new Eurostar schedule comes out in December.

Thanks for posting this.

There's nothing in that article, and I haven't seen anything anywhere else, that specifically refers to the direct service being cut so I'm not going to worry just yet. Eurostar will be cutting some services but this is partly because their new trains have a bigger capacity and this will go some way to offsetting the cuts.

I hoping they don't get rid of the direct trains but we'll still have the indirect option so it won't be the end of the world.

I would be surprised if this happens. Eurostar is investing to have *more* direct destinations in mainland Europe, not less. This would not fit their agenda.

As for Paris, I do have read that service would be reduced, in favor of higher capacity trains.

I could see them running on even less days if the trains are not full or when they replaced all with a newer higher capacity...

and btw with regards to cuts, they have closed their domestic department already so if anyone need to buy CIV ticket, you will have to do at the railway stations, we got ours this week from Virgin , just had to show them our eurostar reservation (we dont have tickets as going indirect so will have to print at eurostar station) and got it there, first cashier didnt know about them but have asked colleague and we got them fine...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter