Dinosaur at AK - Did your kids like it? Is it scary?

cassi06403

<font color=brown>I LOVE the chocolate bunny<br><f
I'm trying to decide if this is something BF and I should bring the 3 kids on - two 6 yo girls and 10 yo boy. I've never been on it myself - how is that possible in 11 trips? lol

Share your and your kids' opinions/experiences please! :teeth:

We took our middle daughter when she was about 3, and then we all rode again last December. DD1 14, DD2 11, DD3 4. Scared the bajeezus out of them all, and me too. I laughed so hard! 5 yo sobbed. Then a month or two ago we went to see Jurassic world. The 5yo and I sat with our knees up under our chins screaming like little girls and laughed and laughed. So my take - yes, it's scary. But if you're a mean mommy it's also hilarious. Probably you're a nice mommy though... :teeth:

It really depends on the child. Our youngest started riding it at 3 years old and loved it immediately and has loved it ever since.

My four-year-old kept begging to ride it, but when we did he was scared to death. He didn't cry, but he was near tears. When we got off the ride, he said he never wanted to ride it again!

It scares me! LOL
I love it but that dinosaur makes me scream bloody murder every time. Then I laugh at myself. My kids are not big fans.

My 10 year old finds it scary. She loves coasters, but does not handle surprises/suspense/mood attractions. My 7 year old loves it... He is a thrill seeker, never been scared by anything.

My kids liked it but as adults we found the ride too jolting. The kids love dinosaurs but twice through and they were over it.

I'm trying to decide if this is something BF and I should bring the 3 kids on - two 6 yo girls and 10 yo boy. I've never been on it myself - how is that possible in 11 trips? lol

Share your and your kids' opinions/experiences please! :teeth:

My husband and I don't ride this anymore because of the loudness and the jerkiness. Kids are a different breed, though. But honestly, I wouldn't take them on it before you have had a chance to do it without them. My then 5 year granddaughter was so excited to go on and see the dinosaurs and she was laughing and clapping in the queue and then she shut down and got almost hysterical. We had no idea what was going on (neither did her mother and my son) and I tried to get her calmed down by explaining the dinosaurs weren't real. She wailed through the preshow and all the way to the vehicles. Where my husband took her out without issues. All of us that rode were very confused with the abrupt change in attitude but my husband was able to find out the reason. Our loving granddaughter saw a dinosaur skull and while she knew dinosaurs don't exist anymore and all things die, she just had a hard time accepting that as she wanted to see "real fake dinosaurs that were alive! not dead ones!" One dinosaur skull in all that queue area and preshow area and that freaked her out.

I really dislike this ride. I know it's just the Indiana Jones ride, but with a different story, but I hate those dinosaurs screaming in my face. It's too loud. I love Indy, I hate this one.

My son was 7 the first and last time we went on it. He hated it! It scared him to death. We're going in January and I asked him if he'd consider riding it again and he said "No way!"

Only one way to find out if they will like it and it will make for a classic ride photo if they don't! ;) My DD 9 hates it and won't set foot on it. She was 6 or 7 the last/only time she rode it. We were there with friends who live in the area and their daughter insisted that she had been on it and loved it. DD happily jumped in line with her to go. I figured DD wouldn't care much for it. Turns out they both were terrified and hated it. The photo was quite funny. As with the PP, my DD and the rest of us all love Indy at DL, but find Dinosaur loud, jerky dark and not that fun. I would just follow their lead. If they want to try it, I'd let them, but if they don't I wouldn't push them.

My 8 year old loved Jurassic Park so she really wanted to ride it. It terrified her. She spent the entire ride with her head in my lap.

Yes. We got the ride photo.

It is dark. And loud. And extremely jerky. And big scary dinos pop out at you every time you turn around. How do you think your kids would react to all of that?

It is scary and I hate being scared however I can't hep but ride this one. My girls were 8 6 4 when they first rode. They were scared but will still ride. They must be like their mom. :)

Also, you could tell them everything (except the live animals at AK) is fantasy, pretend, and imagination at Disney, and everything there is safe - there might be surprises, but they are safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter