• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinning at Kona Cafe

mommary

DIS Veteran
Has anyone eaten in Kona Cafe at the Poly for dinner?
I would like to do something different this time. Is it a good place to celebrate a birthday? I would something nice for this occasion.:earsgirl:

This is a really good restaurant. We usually enjoy lunch there but recently tried dinner and found the service and the food very good. You cant beat the appetizers and the beautiful/tasty desserts. The menu has a nice selection, the macadamia nut fish was particularly good.

When you make a PS make sure they note the bday.

We celebrated my birthday there last month. Up until this trip when we tried Ohana, Kona was my favorite restaurant. ;)
We really enjoy the food and atmosphere there, and have always had great service.
We had a problem with my cake at this meal. My mother had ordered one to be delivered to my dinner there, but it never was. So when DH got the bill and no cake came, he checked with our waitress. She in turn went to the manager who came to our table. They had no record of a cake being ordered and they apologized(It wasnt a big deal to me, but they were very concerned). In the end they brought us out a beautiful cake with tropical flowers on it, free of charge. I thought that was a nice little Disney touch. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter