Dinner show

scanmom

DIS Veteran
We are planning on visiting our family in March, the kids will be out of school for spring break and we’ll be babysitting one night so my son and daughter-in-law can spend a night at a beach hotel. We’re not staying on site and thinking of taking the kids (13, 11 and 7 years old) to a local dinner show. Maybe Hoop de Do, or possibly another off site show. We’ve never been to any of them in Orlando, but have been to Dolly Partons Stampede in Branson, and been to the Saloon show at Silver Dollar City (I think this is similar to HDH)
Any suggestions on which to choose?

Hoop-Dee-Doo sounds like a great choice for your family (we haven't been to Stampede in Branson but we have been to the one in Pigeon Forge and we really enjoyed it and HDDR). If you have the time you could also visit the Tri-Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness (near to Pioneer Hall, where HDDR takes place) - the 7 year old may be able to ride a pony but the others will be too old/big - they do have horseback riding at the front of the park but the 7-year-old will be too young for that. You may be able to register the whole group for Archery instead, though, if you wanted to do something all together.

HDDR would be my choice, but there is a local pirate show off site that they may like too. I haven't personally been there, but it's pretty similar to Stampede.

The only offsite dinner show I've actually done is Mango's, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter