dinner for the 1st night?

Taratink

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving at the WL for our stay late afternoon. What would be a good place to eat for us to eat dinner? There are 4 of us DH, DD 3, DS 5. I don't think I want to eat at Whispering Cannon. Are there any good places or character dinners in the MK area.
Tara

Don't know what type of park admission you have...........keep in mind that eating at MK will "use up" one day's park admission. If you don't wish to do that, why not look at DTD or one of the other resort hotels. Perhaps there is another place that you'd like to stay at sometime; eating dinner and touring the facility is a surefire way to help you decide about a future stay.

That being said, LTT in MK is a very good character dinner!

If you give more details, perhaps some DISers can give more advice:wave2:

I am facing the same dilemma! We have Annual Passes but are traveling with others who do not so we won't be entering the parks the first night.

I have heard Chef Mickey's is the best character meal outside of the park. Am anxious for opinions.

Chef Mickey's is absolutely the best place to go with little ones. It is noisy with kids excited about seeing Mickey and the gang. The food is good with a decent variety. Great atmosphere for a first dinner at WDW!

DIS VET since '72

We almost always go to HDDR the first night. It puts us in the Disney mood after a day of travel and we do not have to burn a day's worth of tickets. There are no characters but my kids 5, 3, and 1 ask for it.

We also loved Chef Mickey's for the first night! This was our first trip in 7 years, and my kids are 10, 7, 5 and 3. We were there 2 weeks ago. Everyone loved the festive atmosphere (including the grandparents!) and the food was pretty good too. Of course you go for the characters, and there were 8 characters there for dinner, including Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale and Launchpad. This was a great way to get us started on autographs. We slipped into the Contemporary Resort gift shop for autograph books (about $6 I think) right before dinner.

Another vote for Chef Mickey's. Having dinner there is a great way to start your vacation.

Chef Mickey's again! We love to start our vacation there. It really gets us in the Disney mood.

Will you be renting a car? Celebration has some great restaurants. We've eaten at the Italian restaurant and the diner. If not, maybe the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney? The Boardwalk has a brewery that is pretty good.

Another vote for HDDR. It's not just dinner, its a show. They get the entire crowd involved, it's just not a trip to Disney without the HDDR!

at O'hana's you will find ..Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale all in hula skirts with hawiian shirts. I should mention it is a meal served "family style". This means they deliver a large dish to the center of your table and you portion it out yourself. It beats buffet in my book. Anything you want re-fills of is there for the asking. You could see a menu on mousesavers.com.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

Hi Taratink. You get your own table. I don't know of any restaurants that you sit with anyone but your own family. They take PS's so you might want to call ahead of time. I also understand there a spots in the restaurant that you could see wishes from.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

I am nervous about Ohanas because it seems that a lot of people do not like the food. My husband is a picky eater so I am afraid that he won't like the food. so if I understand this correctly, this is a polynesian themed chef Mickeys deal with a whispering Canyon set up.I have been to those dinners before. Maybe i'll try it because I am a sucker for a good frozen drink. Is there a way to request a seat by the wishes window?
Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter