Dinner at Ohana's and Whispering Canyon Cafe

belle2594

Goofynut4real
I am sorry i haven't had time to review the resturaunts we went to while at Disney World (Aug 6-12) on the Dining Plan. The first two resturaunts I want to review are Ohana's and Whispering Canyon Cafe;

:banana: THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!! :banana:

Ohana's:
The new menu is wonderful. This has always been our family favorite and we go there on every trip. When we heard there was a new menu we were a bit worried, but we worried all for nothing. Let's start with the appetizers; the shrimp was wonderful. It was juicy and full of flavor my husband has gout so he had to watch me and our two girls eat the whole bowl all by ourselves :sad: , but he was ablew to enjoy the chicken wings which were also great. Another change was the sausage which I personally didn't try (I was to busy filling up on steak :p , he said it was the best sausage he had ever eaten, and to be honest with you the idea of smoked sausage over the grilled shrimp didn't seem good, but he loved it. The potatoes and salad were also delicious. The last major change was the dessert. The idea of bread pudding did not go over well with me or the girls, but we were so wrong. The bread pudding is warm and sweet and covered with vanilla icecream. Then you have the banana foster sauce o pour over it which was very sweet and warm. We went from my husband being the only one willing ttry it to me and the girls ending up scarfing it all down. The games are always great my girls thought they were getting to old so I went to play the games. Nothing like embarrassing your kids on vacation :rotfl2: It is a definite must do if you have never tried it, and you can set up your ressies for about an hour before fireworks and ask for a table with a view of the castle. This will make dessert even more entertaining!!

Whispering Canyon Cafe:
This was our first time here and it will be a must do now too!! I cannot remember ever laughing so hard at dinner in all my life. The food was delicious, not as good as Ohana's but definitely delicious. We were at a table in the corner and my oldest dd(12) had her back to the rest of the place. The shananigans started when the waiter brought us straws and napkins. After throwing the straws and napkinas at us, he started sticking straws in dd(12)'s bun. He then ordered her to stand up (she is very shy and was already turning red) After she stood up he faced her towards the rest of the patrons and made her hold a menu iup to her chest with her right hand and put a ketchup bottle in her left up in the air and everyone started singing "My country Tis of Thee) I never laughed so hard. :rotfl2: (for those of you worried about life long trauma she does want to go back, she'll be in therapy for some other horrible parenting mistake i made I'm sure!! :confused3 !! That was about all they did to us except for the tiny drink refills we received when we asked for a little bit more. They wait staff was causing mischief all over and it was a blast to see. If you are interested in having a loud good time this is the place for you, but be ready to be embarrasesd and to watch the embarrassment of others!! :happytv:

Nice Job! :thumbsup2
I am glad you guys enjoyed both of these places, we have these scheduled for our upcoming trip! :banana:

Oh that's so funny what happened to your DD :rotfl: I'm glad she's not permanently damaged and wants to go back :)

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

We also ate at both places during our stay and had a great experience at 'Ohana too!!! I wish we'd had as much fun as you did at WCC. We were looking forward to the antics and got absolutely nothing! Maybe we'll try again next time and get a better server. Glad you had a good trip!!

Cant wait to eat at both of these places next week!

Last December, I read up on the shenanigans at WCC, but neglected to tell my poor DMom, well she said she needed ketchup and I encourgaed her to ask for some.... :lmao: ....I wish I would have snapped a picture (I was too busy laughing!) of her face when our waitress yelled KETCHUP and about 25 little kids came to our table to drop off some ketchup for my DMom :rotfl:

Ohana
This was our absolute favorite meal, too!!! We went in April and now have two adr's for our upcoming trip in September!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter