• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner at Goofy's tomorrow, vouchers?

DisneyMomma81

DIS Veteran
I just booked an early dinner for my dad, kids and nephew, only under 10 is my nephew, would the character meal vouchers be a good buy? Is it too late? Who has the best price?
Thanks!

I just booked an early dinner for my dad, kids and nephew, only under 10 is my nephew, would the character meal vouchers be a good buy? Is it too late? Who has the best price?
Thanks!

Try getawaytoday.com. They have good deals and will email you the voucher.

You may save about $2/per meal with a voucher. Getawaytoday.com does not discount them (they sell them for the same fee as their face value). You can get a slight discount at lastminutetravel.com.

I just spoke with Disney dining - adults are $37, kids are $16, a 18% tip is added plus 8% tax, if I did my math right 3A and 1K would be $160.05
GAT is $154

You may save about $2/per meal with a voucher. Getawaytoday.com does not discount them (they sell them for the same fee as their face value). You can get a slight discount at lastminutetravel.com.

I was just there last week and it was cheaper to go through getawaytoday. For 3 of us I paid $110 including tax. When I checked in before I gave them my voucher they told me it cost $130 something including tax.

I was just there last week and it was cheaper to go through getawaytoday. For 3 of us I paid $110 including tax. When I checked in before I gave them my voucher they told me it cost $130 something including tax.

What I am saying it that GAT does not discount the voucher price. They are $44 for adult and $22 for kids. No matter where you buy them, or who you buy them from...they include tax and tip. I was only suggesting that if they are available for purchase on LMT.com, they are discounted further than the GAT/WDTC price. The vouchers work/are exactly the same regardless of where they are purcahsed. GAT like to make it sound like you get some added benefits with them when you talk to their reps, but that is not the case.

Were you really charged tax in addition to the charge for the 3 vouchers? That does not seem right. When I have purchased from GAT, I was just charged the voucher rate.

I just spoke with Disney dining - adults are $37, kids are $16, a 18% tip is added plus 8% tax, if I did my math right 3A and 1K would be $160.05
GAT is $154

Yes...I figured it would save about $2 a person.

Looks like LMT will be the best deal - $149.05

Glad you were able to find them. It can be a little difficult sometimes, and I wasn't sure if they would be available. Your Dad will just have to go to the ticket booth to pick the voucher receipt up. I think you have to show the credit card it was billed to though. I would verify with the LMT rep.

What I am saying it that GAT does not discount the voucher price. They are $44 for adult and $22 for kids. No matter where you buy them, or who you buy them from...they include tax and tip. I was only suggesting that if they are available for purchase on LMT.com, they are discounted further than the GAT/WDTC price. The vouchers work/are exactly the same regardless of where they are purcahsed. GAT like to make it sound like you get some added benefits with them when you talk to their reps, but that is not the case.

Were you really charged tax in addition to the charge for the 3 vouchers? That does not seem right. When I have purchased from GAT, I was just charged the voucher rate.

I was not talking about discounting a voucher. I was saying by buying a voucher from GAT... or some place else (I've never shopped anywhere else), is cheaper then buying directly through Disney. From my understanding, that is what the OP was asking. To buy a voucher or just wait and pay when she got there.

I was not charged extra on top of my voucher. What I said was that before I gave them my voucher, they told me the cost would be $130 something (Disney's price). Once they found out I had a voucher and already paid that was all that was needed.

How does it work for vouchers? You buy them online and they mail them, email them, or you pick them up onsite?

I was not talking about discounting a voucher. I was saying by buying a voucher from GAT... or some place else (I've never shopped anywhere else), is cheaper then buying directly through Disney. From my understanding, that is what the OP was asking. To buy a voucher or just wait and pay when she got there.

Perhaps it is your wording...
When you say it is cheaper than buying directly through Disney, you make it sound like you are referring to buying vouchers from WDTC. I am pointing out that they charge the same amount for the vouchers. What I think you are trying to say is that it is cheaper to buy a voucher than to purchase the meal directly from the restaurant. If that is what you are saying...it isn't coming across that way.

How does it work for vouchers? You buy them online and they mail them, email them, or you pick them up onsite?

Some will mail to you, email, or you will just pick the receipt up at a ticket booth or onsite hotel the day of your reservation.

Perhaps it is your wording...
When you say it is cheaper than buying directly through Disney, you make it sound like you are referring to buying vouchers from WDTC. I am pointing out that they charge the same amount for the vouchers. What I think you are trying to say is that it is cheaper to buy a voucher than to purchase the meal directly from the restaurant. If that is what you are saying...it isn't coming across that way.

Some will mail to you, email, or you will just pick the receipt up at a ticket booth or onsite hotel the day of your reservation.

I dont know what WDTC is. When I think of a voucher, I think of a piece of paper saying you already paid for the meal. So yes, what I was saying is that it is cheaper to buy a voucher then to pay at the restaurant. Sorry for the confusion.

You may want to make sure LMT tax and gratuity is included because it is not always I know ours with GAT had it all included when we used them 2 yrs ago

You may want to make sure LMT tax and gratuity is included because it is not always I know ours with GAT had it all included when we used them 2 yrs ago

Did you ever purchase a dining voucher that did not include tax and gratuity? You state they are not always included...I am curious where you received this information from.

All Character Meal vouchers include tax and gratuity...regardless of where they are purchased. GAT reps like to talk up the vouchers like you get something with theirs that isn't available with others...it is a total crock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter