• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining with a wheelchair

hgbluesparkles

Mouseketeer
I am planning on renting a wheelchair during my trip to WDW this March. Is it possible to sit in the booth rather than staying in the wheelchair during meals? Where would I put the wheelchair in this situation? TIA!

If a booth is available you are more than welcome to transfer to a booth. A family member or a CM would put the chair in an out of the way place in the restaurant usually. Booths are first come first served. You can mention on your reservation that you need a booth but still you might have to wait for one to become available. In the counter service restaurants a CM will carry your tray and help you with getting stuff like if you cannot reach the condiment packets.

My DD uses a wheelchair, but she often transfers to a chair at a table, or into a booth, especially if the table is at an awkward height for her chair. Sometimes we can keep the chair near us, but other times we have to move it into an out of the way corner. But using the chairs/booths instead of the wheelchair is not a problem.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter