dining situation August 2021

Jess_S

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Earlier in the summer, there were lots of posts about long waits for counter service dining and difficulties in getting tables at sit-down restaurants without advance reservations. I am curious about what the dining situation is like in August. It seems like crowds are way down from July now that schools in some parts of the country are back in session. Has dining gotten less challenging? (We have reservations for pretty much every meal, but I would love to cancel some of those both to reduce costs and to give ourselves a less rigid schedule).

Mythos was reservation only. We did make reservations every night. I could change the time on a few, as we knew we wanted a different time. But I’d be making reservations, even if you have to cancel, just to not be disappointed if they don’t take walk ups. Though we did eat an early dinner at Red Brick Oven, and could mobile order or pay cash inside register. We paid cash, and still had our pizza pretty quickly.

We just got back last night. We made reservations for dinners (Toothsome, Vivo, and Mythos) and we did quick service for lunch. We had no issues. We had planned to eat lunch early to avoid long lines, but there was no need. We ate at Comic Strip Cafe, the Cafe next to Hulk, and Mel's. No lines at the first two places at all. Mel's had a little bit of a line but it moved along quickly. Plenty of seating at all three places.

Thank you. That sounds promising. With the reduced park hours, I am looking forward to quick service for lunch.

We had reservations for lunch at noon for Mythos, Toothsome, NBC. for the week of Aug 15. I cancelled NBC as the QS were not that bad, and it gave us more flexibility--we didn't need to leave a park at a certain time or be at a certain park on a certain day. Mythos, worth it & efficient-ish for Covid times. Toothsome, not quite sure where I would put it--Octavio was clearly doing his best, but even with a reservation, we didn't have food until an hour after our arrival. Free AC, but with the parks closing early, that might be a deal breaker for some if it is 1.5 hr of potential park time. I'd probably do it again but for 11:30 so I'm not tempted to gnaw off my arm. I suppose much depends on your family's touring & eating style. I would not go with all reservations & just plan to arrival to CS/QS 11:30 or 1:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter