OK food. Nothing special

Kona Cafe for dinner $91.79
Used 2TS

We both got salads for appetizer
me-Beef teriyaki.
hubby-shrimp and scallops
dessert-Kona cone for my 4 year old, kilahuea torte for me and hubby

Grade: B

This meal was just ok. I was expecting more from all the reviews. Don't know if I would eat here again. My husband loved his shrimp and scallops. My steak was seasoned nicely, but there was a lot of fat and gristle.

Sunday, Dec. 3

Backlot Express for lunch $32.93
3CS
DH-double cheeseburger, soda, strawberry parfait
me-turkey and cheese grilled sandwich, soda, strawberry parfait
DD4-chicken nuggets, soda, no sugar jello

Grade: A

The cheeseburger was good, nothing special. The turkey and cheese sandwich was AWESOME! The strawberry parfaits were unexpectedly delicious. They didn't look half as good as they tasted. The kids like the kids meal.

Dinner at Mama Melrose $82.19
2TS
DH-calamari, salmon, tiramisu
me-minestrone, pipette with chicken, choc truffle cake

My husband said the calamari pieces were too small, but he liked the breading. The salmon was just ok. The tiramisu was good.

The minestrone was just ok. The chicken with pasta was good, but nothing special. Chocolate cake was just ok.

Monday, Dec. 4

Lunch at Sunshine Seasons $30
3CS
DH-salmon, cheesecake
me-veggie sandwich, lemon poppy muffin
kids-mac and cheese, worms in dirt

My hubby didn't care for the salmon. My sandwich was good but small. The muffin was FANTASTIC. Kid's meal was fine.

Dinner at Le Cellier for Candlelight Processional $131
3TS
DH-mussels, mushroom filet, chocolate moose
me-tomato stack, mushroom filet, whiskey cake
kids-cheese soup, hot dog, sundae

Grade: A+

This was an excellent meal. Everything was sooooooooo good. I did like the chocolate moose better than my whiskey cake though.

Tuesday, Dec. 5

Lunch at Pinocchio's $28
2CS
DH-italian sub, cannoli
me-veggie pizza meal, strawberry shortcake

This meal was just ok. Basic park food, nothing great

Dinner at Coral Reef $106.11
2TS

DH-salad, catfish, chocolate wave
me-salad, virgin pina colada, ny strip, chocolate wave

My husband didn't like the catfish because it was blackened. He decided he doesn't like blackened, lol.

I was very happy with my virgin pina colada which was covered by the dining plan. The steak was very good. The chocolate wave was by far the best dessert I think we've ever had anywhere.

Wednesday, Dec. 6

Lunch at Tusker House $28.70
2CS
DH-chicken sandwich, carrot cake
me-rotisserie chicken, carrot cake

This food was good and a lot of it. The carrot cake was EXCELLENT!

Dinner at Boma $79.64
3TS

Grade: C

I was disappointed with this. I like "different" food, but this tasted like uninspired buffet food. Also, a weird thing happened with our waitress. Tell me what you guys think of this. After dinner, we ordered the pressed pot of coffee. The waitress asked if we'd like anything else and we said no. She brought the coffee and then left. I poured my coffee, then noticed we didn't have any cream. I flagged her down and asked if she had a creamer. She looked very annoyed and said,"I asked if you wanted anything else". I was like, but that's something you expect to just come with coffee. I never thought to ask for it in advance. Don't you guys think that was weird. And she was so rude about it. I got really turned off. The zebra domes were good though.

Thursday, Dec. 7

Lunch at Gasparilla Grill $30
3CS
DH-chicken caesar salad, brownie
me-tabbouleh wrap, brownie
kids-chicken strips, M&Ms

This was excellent. My wrap was AWESOME and huge. The brownies were like giant pieces of fudge.

Dinner at Narcoossee's $173.06
4TS
DH-mussels, surf n turf, almond cheesecake
me-mushrooms and polenta, filet, chocolate gateau

This as excellent. The service is phenomenal. The mushrooms and polenta were SOOOOO good. The filets and lobster were excellent. We couldn't eat dessert so we took it to go. I did taste some of the almond cheesecake. It was SOOO good. Didn't get to taste the chocolate gateau. Too full for the rest of the week, lol

Friday, Dec. 8

Lunch at Cosmic Ray's $50.61
3CS
DH-chicken and rib combo, carrot cake
me-chicken and rib combo, carrot cake
kids-nugget meal, chocolate cake

Excellent meal. Huge and fresh. The seating here is horrible though. Tiny little tables.

Dinner at 1900 Park Fare $86
3TS

This was the best buffet I've been to. The mushroom ravioli with pesto sauce was my big hit. So good. The character interaction was great too. It is loud and crazy in here though, so don't go expecting to relax, lol.

Saturday, Dec. 9

Lunch at LeCellier $92.17
2TS
DH-mussels, frozen cappucino, pasta and shrimp, ice cream
me-beef barley soup, frozen cappucino, filet, chocolate moose

Grade: A+

Again, an excellent meal. The barley soup was a meal in itself. Huge pieces of fork tender roast beef. The filet was excellent as were the cheese potatoes. My husband enjoyed his food immensely. We could probably eat here every day.

Total of meals $1150
Total paid $600

Got almost double the amount of food. Awesome deal!

Great reviews so far, looking forward to the rest. :tink:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter