Dining reviews 8/27 - 9/1

valleygirl

Mouseketeer
We visited the World from 8/27 to 9/2 for a girls only vacation during free dining.

Cast – Me 42, loves good food and willing to try just about anything
Mom 66, kind of picky, will only eat what she knows she likes
DD 11, likes good food but eats like a bird
DD’s best friend 11, serious appetite – prefers red meat above everything.

Most of our counter service meals were eaten at the Pop Century food court. The food was basic food court food, although the Mom’s night out fried chicken was excellent. I was happy to see that fruit bowls were available as dessert options. I really enjoyed the yogurt, fruit and granola parfait, which was available as a snack or dessert, for breakfast and the kids loved the sliced apples with caramel dipping sauce.

I’m not sure whether the portions have been reduced as a result of the dining plan but we had more than enough food. We often shared appetizers and desserts, or didn’t order them, as there was just too much food. We didn’t worry about getting the most we could out of the plan, rather we ate where we wanted, ordered what we wanted and enjoyed the fact that we weren’t paying for it.

8/28
Crystal Palace dinner – We had 6:30 reservations, checked in at 6:20 and were seated by 6:25. The girls loved seeing the characters come around to the tables.
Although this is a buffet the food was quite good. Loved the salmon and the mushroom penne pasta. DD really liked the mashed potatoes. The banana bread pudding with Irish cream sauce was delicious. Total cost was $145.78 - covered by 4 table service credits.

8/29
Hoop De Doo – 7:15 show. The food was pretty good. I liked the fried chicken and DDBF really enjoyed the ribs. We all liked the cornbread with sweet butter. The corn, however, was overcooked and soggy. The show was hokey, but fun. Total cost was $200.85 – covered by 8 table service credits

8/30
Le Cellier dinner – 6:40 reservations, checked in at 6:20 and were seated by 6:30. We all enjoyed this restaurant. Our waitress was really friendly and helpful. DD ordered a mango smoothy, Steakhouse caesar and 7 oz filet. DDBF ordered a vanilla shake, Steakhouse caesar and 14 oz NY strip steak. Mom had a strawberry shake, cheese soup and herb crusted prime rib. I ordered a glass of merlot, cheese soup, 7 oz filet and the crème brulee sampler, which I shared with the girls. Although I can only speak for my meal, everyone else said they enjoyed theirs. I found that the cheese soup was as good as I remembered and the multigrain breadsticks were awesome. My steak was cooked exactly as ordered, medium-rare, and extremely tender. The mashed potatoes were also really good. The crème brulee sampler included a small portion of vanilla crème brulee and a small portion of maple crème brulee. The vanilla was good, the maple was awesome. I also tasted DD’s mango smoothy which was yummy. Total cost for dinner was $180.61 , covered by 4 table service credits and $9.66 for the wine (including tax and 18% tip). I left an extra $6 tip. Definitely plan on returning during our next visit.

8/31
Whispering Canyon Café dinner – 6:30 reservations, checked in at 6:35 and were seated by 6:40. We had fun here but it was not as crazy as I had heard about in the past. We witnessed a group that had just graduated from some type of medical program sing I’m a little teacup, two newlyweds see who could kiss the longest and several singings of happy birthday. One waitress fed a teenage girl while everyone in the restaurant did he airplane thing. The kids did one pony race around the restaurant while we were there. Yells for ketchup resulted in only a couple of bottles being brought to each table.
DD ordered the grilled chicken pasta which, oddly enough, contained no chicken. I’m not sure if it was an oversight or what, but DD didn’t like it enough to question it, she just ate some chicken and mashed potatoes from my skillet. DDBF ordered a vanilla shake, southwestern chicken soup and the NY strip steak. Mom ordered a strawberry shake and the NY strip steak. I ordered the skillet. According to DDBF and Mom, the steaks were good. I enjoyed the skillet – the salad was great, chicken, pulled pork and potatoes were yummy. I ordered the banana dust bowl or, as it’s called on the menu, the cinnamon tortilla with vanilla ice cream, which I shared with the girls. We all really enjoyed this dessert. Total was $134.23 covered by 4 table service credits and I left an additional $6 tip.

9/1
Sci-Fi Dine-In lunch – 12:50 reservations, checked in at 12:55 and were seated immediately. Perfect timing for lunch as there was a pretty bad thunderstorm the entire time we were eating. DDBF ordered a cookies and cream shake. The rest of us just ordered soda. For an appetizer we shared an order of onion rings which were very good. DD and DDBF ordered chicken Caesar salad, Mom and I ordered burgers. Nobody ordered dessert. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Total $81.44 - 4 table service creditS.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have, just let me know.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for in insite as we have been to WDW many time and never made it to LaCellier for dinner. We are going Oct 27-Nov 5. and are always looking for new great places to eat while there. Thank you for being so detailed it helps. :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter