Dining reservations/walk-up

RDav

Earning My Ears
I’ve been looking non-stop for reservations in June, specifically for the sci-fi dine in theatre, but have been unsuccessful in finding that or anything in HS really.
I’ve noticed walk-up lines on the app. What is the likelihood of getting a walk up reservation and is it something I do as soon as we get in the park that day? TIA!!

I’ve been looking non-stop for reservations in June, specifically for the sci-fi dine in theatre, but have been unsuccessful in finding that or anything in HS really.
I’ve noticed walk-up lines on the app. What is the likelihood of getting a walk up reservation and is it something I do as soon as we get in the park that day? TIA!!
If you have to rely on walk up list for SciFi, you will have to get on the list early in the day as the wait list typically fills up by 10-1030. Unfortunately, with the list, you'll have little to no control over when you're called. If you can get on the list before the park opens for the day, you'll likely get called around lunchtime-2pm, but if you wait until the park officially opens, you'll probably get called between 3 and 7. These times are mostly just guesses based on how quickly the SciFi wait list fills up.

I'll also add, with the hours increased into June on Friday, the HS restaurant hours have not been updated yet. I would expect those to open in the next few days if any are going to open, so keep checking!

Oh!! Good to know! Thank you!

also, do you have to stick around the restaurant the entire time or do they call you if or when you get a table?

Oh!! Good to know! Thank you!

also, do you have to stick around the restaurant the entire time or do they call you if or when you get a table?
You’ll get a push notification to let you know the table is ready. I believe they give you 15 minutes to respond, but you do essentially have to be ready to go as soon as you’re notified.

Has anyone noticed what time these walk up lists are available to start signing up? I'll drive closer the morning of to get on the walk up list for Sci Fi if we don't snag a ressie, but I'm not even sure what time you can add your name to the list.

Has anyone noticed what time these walk up lists are available to start signing up? I'll drive closer the morning of to get on the walk up list for Sci Fi if we don't snag a ressie, but I'm not even sure what time you can add your name to the list.
I've been on as early as 6am EST and saw walk up list available.

Oh boy. Thanks for the info! It's the only restaurant my kids really want to do, but I may have to give up. lol.
Haha, as I mentioned earlier, the walk up res list doesn't fill until closer to 10am.

My suggestion if you're driving in, while you wait for the tolls to open, get on the app and get on the wait list.

Haha, as I mentioned earlier, the walk up res list doesn't fill until closer to 10am.

My suggestion if you're driving in, while you wait for the tolls to open, get on the app and get on the wait list.
We will definitely give it a try! Thanks for all your help!

Curious if this wait list process requires a credit card? With only 15 minutes to show up, what happens if you miss your time?

I was checking throughout the morning today and the wait list for today didn't fill up until after 11am.

Sweet! Thanks so much for that! Maybe we'll be fine. I think we can probably get out the door by 8. We were planning on going a couple hours late each day and staying until close since I think my kids will function better that way, but we will have to sacrifice functioning one day of the trip. I don't understand what my life has turned into being so obsessed getting a reservation for a restaurant with mediocre at best, food, but here we are. Hunger Games, Disney style.

Sweet! Thanks so much for that! Maybe we'll be fine. I think we can probably get out the door by 8. We were planning on going a couple hours late each day and staying until close since I think my kids will function better that way, but we will have to sacrifice functioning one day of the trip. I don't understand what my life has turned into being so obsessed getting a reservation for a restaurant with mediocre at best, food, but here we are. Hunger Games, Disney style.
I agree, I thought sci-fi was just ok food wise. But man it was so much better having a sit down in Hollywood Studios, especially during this time of reduced restaurants and reduced seating.

It looks like they opened up more availability for all the parks in June. Maybe more dining will open as well!!

I'm in the same boat. Been checking and checking for Sci Fi in June with no luck. We'll be staying at the Yacht club. Do you think that is close enough to join the wait list or will I have to walk towards HS a bit?

I'm in the same boat. Been checking and checking for Sci Fi in June with no luck. We'll be staying at the Yacht club. Do you think that is close enough to join the wait list or will I have to walk towards HS a bit?
I think the distance is a couple miles, so you should be close enough at the YC.

I agree, I thought sci-fi was just ok food wise. But man it was so much better having a sit down in Hollywood Studios, especially during this time of reduced restaurants and reduced seating.

I just wanted to let you know I got a Sci-Fi reservation through one of the notification sites for next week Monday! I don't have to obsessively check anymore! It feels amazing! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter