Dining reservations scarce

Get a Landry’s card. You can walk up and get priority seating with that.
I was looking into this too but then I read several accounts of even Landry card owners being turned away because of the current limited capacity. In some instances they were able to get in 1.5-2 hours later but if it was near the end of the day they weren’t able to get in at all. It doesn’t seem to be the guarantee it usually is in these current conditions. Still worth a try if no reservation can be made but definitely need a back up plan.

This number calls the restaurant directly (407) 824-9384. Our vacation is the end of April, if yours is sooner it may be more difficult to get a reservation. If they do not have anything, ask if you were to get a Landry Select card if it would help (it costs $25 but then you get a $25 credit when you use it at the restaurant).

do they follow the same booking window as Disney 60+ days out or do they let you book earlier?

do they follow the same booking window as Disney 60+ days out or do they let you book earlier?
Good question- I’ve only done it after the Disney booking window when I couldn’t get any reservations online. I would venture to guess that they have their own booking window which may be different than Disney. Doesn’t hurt to try - it calls the restaurant directly and is just like calling a local restaurant to make reservation. Worst that could happen is they say they don’t book that far out 😊

Some third party restaurants - particularly those in Disney Springs - can be booked on Open Table. In the past, I've found availability there when MDE showed none.

Good question- I’ve only done it after the Disney booking window when I couldn’t get any reservations online. I would venture to guess that they have their own booking window which may be different than Disney. Doesn’t hurt to try - it calls the restaurant directly and is just like calling a local restaurant to make reservation. Worst that could happen is they say they don’t book that far out 😊

FYI-I did try calling Yak & Yeti today (our booking window opens tomorrow and our AK day is at the end of our week so would be 60+6) and she said she couldn't go that far out so seems they are in the same window of booking as Disney.

It worked! I’ve been trying for a reservation at rainforest Café at animal Kingdom, which is our tradition, for a party of 4 for many weeks and it’s fully booked. I just called them directly and was able to pick whatever time I wanted for a party for four. The only difference is it won’t show up on MDE but I did get a text confirmation.

In mid Feb there was lots of spacing betwenn tables at TS places...like Cali Grill Wine Bar George and Boathouse...I am a stalker when I am at Disney...The day of I got a reservation for Topolino's for 4 at 7pm!!! Also a day before I got BnC at Beach Club for 9:30pm ...keep checking...My son even cancelled Oga's for 4 at SWEG they day he was there...

You can always use a free service like TouringPlans reservation finder. It will send you a text and/or email if it finds a reservation you're interested in.
I was just about to suggest this. I've had lots of success with it, including 2 times for my trip 2 weeks ago.

No, reservations enter inventory in the system within a minute or two of being cancelled by someone else, so it can happen any time of day or night. The best times to look would be 1-2 weeks ahead if your trip. Disney extends park hours around the 2 week mark, and then a few days later drops new reservations for the extended hours, and people rebook their ADRs accordingly. After that, try again a few days before you want to go and especially the day before because people cancel to avoid the same-day cancellation penalty.

You should absolutely make your park passes though since HS park passes tend to sell out. Then just keep trying for the day(s) you book HS.
This is great advice. We just got back on Friday from a 5-day trip that had been booked 2-3 weeks out. I scrambled for table serves for all our lunch/dinner meals as we like to break up the day that way. I already had my park day reservations so I knew what I was looking for. I kept checking daily and used outside reservation finders, including touring plans, to put in alerts. I ended up paying for one of the outside services to be able to get text messages since emails were arriving too late, and I could never catch the reservation. The texts helped, but I probably only averaged 1/10. That was disappointing. In the old days I would almost always grab it with the text alerts. There must be a lot more people and/or people are faster than me. I was super frustrated by having to sign in every time, which took forever. I must have had 10 Oga's cancellation texts that I tried to get ... nada. Some times I literally hit the link the second it landed in my text. So the popular restaurants will still be tough even with reservation finders. I didn't get many texts until about a day before, and then they started flowing.

The good news ... I managed to get all the table serves we really wanted except Oga's and 50s Prime Time. I did get a number of alerts for those, but I just wasn't fast enough.

That's what it seems like! We're inside of 60 days so that's likely part of my problem. I will just keep checking and I did subscribe to one of the reservation finder services so here's hoping I can get some sort of character meal for my little one!
I suspect your best bet will be the one in Epcot for lunch. We saw that one--Garden Grill--come up a number of times. not as many people apparently choose Epcot for their starting park so I think it's usually less busy until 2 pm when hopping starts. Cinderellas Royal Table also came up a number of times a day or so ahead. I *think* you only see one princess from far away now, but I couldn't confirm that so we didn't pay the premium for that one.

We are staying at Yacht Club and I failed to book Beaches and Cream in time. I check multiple times a day for dinner (all we want is the ice cream!) reservations. I'm checking across 8 days and can vouch the headliner restaurants are not coming available April 3-10. I feel like we will get Beaches and Cream when people start cancelling. Hopefully you'll find late availability on those top tier restaurants you want.
We had a bunch of alerts for Beaches and Cream, but I was never fast enough until our very last day (last Friday). It ended up being the perfect time, and I was thrilled. Didn't receive any texts alerts on this one until the day before our alerts.

Some third party restaurants - particularly those in Disney Springs - can be booked on Open Table. In the past, I've found availability there when MDE showed none.
Absolutely correct. WDW owned Restaurants are few & far between. But MANY fine non-WDW owned Restaurants may be booked via "Open Table".

Also consider ....

SHULA'S - Dolphin
IL MULINO - Swan
CAPA - Four Seasons
BULL & BEAR - Waldorf
...and most other non-WDW owned Restaurants at DS :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter