Dining Reservations and Mental Health Issues

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
Sooo, I got up at 3am to make my Advanced Dining Reservations (ADR). I made the three that mattered, and in the true crazy stupid FOMO attack that came after that made like 700 more reservations "just in case" - seriously, FOMO is so very very real at Disney. And yes, I will release nearly all of them as soon as I sort out my final schedule which leads to why I Really need therapy.

Maybe some of you can relate. I woke up an hour late (4am PST) and so MISSED my chance to book the Candlelight Processional on the day I'll be at Epcot. But was able to get the day before at some horrible time, horrible restaurant, far end of Epcot (not giving the info, or the Mods will block me - legitimately - for trying to dump that reservation online lol)... now stressed about the flights, hotel, etc. changes ...

So now ALL DAY, EVERY DAY, maybe 50+ times a day, I check for the day that actually worked with my entire vacation schedule - trying to get that one reservation fixed. And am I the ONLY ONE who every single click is Kicking Themselves for Oversleeping One Hour (and I had minor surgery the day before, so seriously, I'm just not nice to myself). And I KNOW from speaking with others this is common 'cause I hear "if I'd just booked it at 60 days... just bought it that day... just xxx" all the time from others. For some reason the Moms seem hardest on themselves...

This is SILLY / STUPID. Who wants a vacation where 50+ times a day you are trying to fix something so that when you fly five hours to see the forty minute show, you are not jumping up and down, trying to see over someone's head (or kid on their shoulders - which is at least cute) and thinking "if I had not just overslept one hour..."

Off to therapy ... hoping the rest of you are not as crazy as me ;)

/// UPDATE: Got EXACTLY what I wanted stalking the site for two weeks (different day, but still calling exactly 'cause it's excellent ! Only took about 2,000 page refreshes lol. Woohoo ///

Last edited:
Totally understand. Totally do the same thing even while calling myself a total fool. It's nuts and unacceptable for a vacation that should be 100% relaxing and fun....and crazy expensive.

And yet I have a countdown note right in front of me to make a Xmas dinner reservation at some insane stupid hour of the morning. I will join your therapy session. Maybe we could get it cheaper together.

I can totally relate to this. I’m sure you have, but have you tried one of the reservation finders? They seem to work well from what I have heard.
I've had zero luck with those for some reason. I've tried the paid ones and felt like it was wasted money. I have it on a follow up with one now - have not gotten any notifications but that might be because Candlelight Processional is a bit different.

I've had zero luck with those for some reason. I've tried the paid ones and felt like it was wasted money. I have it on a follow up with one now - have not gotten any notifications but that might be because Candlelight Processional is a bit different.
Keep trying, you never know! I have heard that a lot get canceled closer to the day of the event. 😊 Good Luck!

I think some might cancel sooner too, rather than the typical two hours prior ... since ...

Candlelight Processional Dining Reservation cancellation terms are quite notably vague (even on the email confirmation I saw for a one), but it's possible if you no-show (or cancel too late - for some dining events and restaurants 7 days prior is the minimum!) they might charge the full $40-$100/per person rate for that restaurant? Disney tacks on the "Policies are subject to change without notice." in the Cancellation info, of course :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter