Dining recommendations for mommy/daughter trip

Soccer and Swim Mom

Stay at Home Mommy of 2
Recommendations for my daughter and I on her surprise trip in November. We will be staying onsite and have the dining plan.

Any recommendations? Any places to avoid? My daughter is 6 years old.

Trying to make reservations now and not having any luck getting times at Cinderellas Royal Table, Chef Mickeys or Be Our Guest. So I am looking for more ideas.

Thank you!

Akershus in Norway has great Princess interaction and you get your photo taken with Belle when you come in.

1900 Park Fare is a buffet, and has Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the stepsisters at dinnertime. At breakfast, it is a hodge-podge of various Disney characters (Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Mary Poppins).

Crystal Palace has the Winnie the Pooh characters--inside the Magic Kingdom. Buffet at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Ohana has a few characters for breakfast (Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch?). Breakfast is served family-style, and since it is at the Polynesian, it is a great choice for a breakfast before your day at the MK.

1900 Park Fare for dinner was really fun with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters.

Coral Reef Restaurant could be fun for the 2 of you.

Chefs de France was very delicious (my picky daughter loved it) and it was sort of fancy, so DD might like it to dress up a little?

Whispering Canyon Cafe is always fun and rambunctious for families.

You might want to check into the afternoon tea in the Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian. You would have to pay OOP because it is not covered by the dining plan. It is daily from 2 to 5pm and a small room so there a lot of reservations available.
Sci-fi has a great atmosphere and we always go as a party of 2 - you can't beat it. We also love Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends.

Teppan Edo has a really fun atmosphere with the hibachi theme and the food is delicious!!! I also agree with Le Chefs de France to see Remy :D (and the food too of course especially the French Onion Soup). I would also second the Sci-Fi recommendation for the really cool ambiance. If you're into silly antics I would recommend 50's Prime Time Cafe and remember to ask for a TV table to see the old commercials etc.

Hope you guys have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Tink97 :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter