Dining Question

TinkBride

I am pro Spaceship Earth wand. I am anti candy/cak
So I am a WDW vet - and I just booked our hotel today for our 2011 first trip to DL!!!!

My question is about dining reservations - do you have to play the 6 month tug of war game to get a reservation at the DL restaurants like at WDW? Or is table service dining not as popular at DL?

One more question - this is our very first DL trip and I want to do something unique to Disneyland only. Which restaurant would you recommend for a quiet relaxing meal? I keep hearing about Napa Rose and Blue Bayou? Blue Bayou intrigues me because of the atmosphere. (Is it kind of like San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot?)

When do you suggest I start trying to make a reservation (if needed) - 6 months out? 3 months?

You need to book table service meals 60 days ahead. This includes character meals, restaurants such as the Carnation Cafe, Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, Napa Rose etc. If you are looking at booking either WOC dining package then it's technically 60 days out, but since they don't release the ent schedules until 5 to 6 weeks ahead, it can be somewhat tricky to book. The WOC picnic lunches can be bought online 30 days ahead of time. The Blue Bayou faces the POC, and has great atmosphere. I can't vouch for any of the fine dining places as I tend to be frugal, and eat counter service in the parks for the most part, but have heard rave reviews about the Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, and the Carnation cafe. If you are looking for a reasonable place off site, then MIMI's on Harbor blvd has a great Jazz feel, and the food is excellent, and reasonably priced. It's next door to HOJO's. Hope that this helps you out. Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter