Dining Plans What do you think?

mbuck

Earning My Ears
Below are my dining plans so far. I was hoping to get yours thoughts? I have I planned too much? What else should I add?

We arrive on July 10 and are leaving July 17. I booked the Disney 7 for 4 so we can go to the parks the whole time we are there. We are staying at the Yacht Club and we are a couple 34 with a two year old. Our plan is to go back to the room around 12:30 everyday for a nap. Our two year old loves characters. She could not stop talking about sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap for days. Also she is free at buffets so I figure that it a halfway decent deal.

PS so far

July 10 Garen Grill Dinner 5:20 p.m figuring we could walk over to Epcot after getting situated.
July 11 Cindy's bfast at 10:10 a.m MK early entry day plan to grab quick bfast in room and use this a brunch.
July 12 Cape May bfast 8:00 a.m. Ohana 5:20 for dinner Figured we would take is easy this am maybe hang out at the pool. After nap head to MK and then Ohana
July 13 5:30 p.m Rainforest cafe at AK thought we would do Early entry at MGM this day and then head to AK after nap
July 14 Fantasmic Dinner package at H & V 4:20 p.m. latest slot I could get figured this day would go to MGM after nap not sure about am
July 15? thinking Crystal Palace (daughter loves Pooh) for late bfast 10:30 early entry day agian at MK maybe Cape May dinner or Epcot dinner
July 16 ? Not sure what am I missing

OK what do you think? Does this seem crazy or doable with a two year old. Should I move Ohana until our last night? How hard will it be to get back from the Poly to the Yacht Club. we do not plan to rent a car.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!
Is this too much? What do you think?

Looks pretty good. Just hope you dont get character overload. I would suggest one meal for you and your husband. You still can bring your mousekeeter with you.

If steaks are to your liking I would suggest Le Cellier or Yachtsmans. Seafood, Flying Fish or Narcoossees. Not to mention the great intl restaurants at EC. Your entire family would enjoy the shows at Marrakesh or Biergarten.

My first thought was "character overload" too. As much as we love the characters, it gets old after a couple of meals per trip and you just want to eat in peace.

A few thoughts... Is your daughter normally an early riser? If she is then the ee's will work out okay. I'm not sure how much there is to do at MGM for ee day with a 2 yr old. Are you and hubby planning to do kid-swap for ToT and RnRC? If not, then ee day there may not be great idea. We didn't really care much for AK but little kids really like it and it's EXTREMELY HOT there so you may want to put AK in for an ee or at least as soon as park opening one day to see the park without the pm heat of July. Also, summer afternoons in Florida often bring passing showers. This could work to your advantage with napping or the showers could start right as you want to head out to a park. Just keep a watch on the weather as the showers come from nowhere - I mean two raindrops and then the skies open up and it downpours!!! We found that part frustrating. Your plan includes waterparks, right? You may want to try one or the other. They get very crowded so getting there when they open is key to getting a chair and umbrella.

Don't forget to stop in Beaches & Cream for ice cream at least since you're staying there. It is fantastic!

Thank you all.

Which character meals do think should I delete? Want to keep CRT and Crystal Palace. Cape May seems handy since it is at the Beach/Yacht Clubs. Maybe just eat dinner at Beaches and Cream instead? Can I use the Q & C vouchers there for dinner?

I will add Le Cellier for dinner. Is it OK to bring our two year old i.e not too stuffy.

How about Ohana? Should I keep this? Will it be very difficult to get to the Yacht club from there at night using Disney transportation? Wondering if it is too much a hassle for the dinner.

Should I cancel Rainforest cafe and do Boma? I was thinking at using VKL voucher for dinner and splitting the meal with my husband and getting a kids meal for my daughter which I could also munch on. So seems like a good deal price wise.

My daughter usually wakes up at about 7:00 a.m. so I though EE would work.

Thanks!

LeCellier is way not stuffy! You will really enjoy it as well as your 2 year old! They have great hamburgers(for kids)!

There were lots of kids there, and the servers were great with them - not just tolerating the kids, but talking with them and enhancing a very friendly environment.

HI, Keep the Crystal Palace PS for 10:15-10:30 and use it as Brunch. We do this at least once each trip and it works out very well!! If your DD loves Pooh, this is the place for her! Joan

Le Cellier is fine, we took our 7mo old and had no problems. I have never been, but heard great reviews about Teppanyaki. This would be good to keep your 2yo entertained!

By all means, keep Ohana! It is wonderful! Don't forget to request a table in the main room, hopefully by the window! We've been stuck in the back room and it wasn't alot of fun.

Nope, I would stay with RFC. Their food is good, the portions HUGE, and they have a great atmosphere. Consider getting the Safari Club so you have no wait, and get discounts & coupons.

Ok, I know alot of people return for naps. But, don't worry if you miss one! Our 7mo (& 2yo when we returned) took naps in her stroller whenever she was ready! It's a lot less hassle that way.

I agree with others, about going to BnC!

Instead of ditching Ohana on your pool day, I would ditch the breakfast. You can do it on another day, but I wouldn't eat 2 big meals in one day.

And, yes, don't forget the waterparks! They're a blast! And spend a little time at DTD!!

Have a great time!

I agree drop the Cape May and do the brkfst at B&C. I think you will really enjoy Le Cellier. I think you are also going to find Rainforest Cafe too busy so I would suggest changing that as well, you might just want to leave this as a flexible day. Dont make a breakfast PS for that day.

As for character meals I say no more then two. As a parent I am sure you know your 2yr olds favorite character so let that be your guide. I visited with my nephew a few years ago and his mom said the Pooh characters were his fave so we did CP for dinner. It was truly a highlight of the trip and the one thing he still remembers to this day.

As for transport to the Poly. You have two options:
Take the Studios boat to the park and board a Poly bus or board the MK bus and board the monorail or boat or the Poly.

To get to any resort you will need to go to one of the parks or TTC and pick up a corresponding bus there. So just keep that in mind. A good example is the AK/MGM day. You take a AK bus from your resort then stay for your meal or board another to AKL then you will need to board another bus afterward to the Studios. That is alot of transfers.

You can also walk from YC to EPCOT, catch the monorail to TTC and have a very short walk to Poly.

Le Cellier is great! We just went with our 2.5 year old and even she loved it!!!

mbuck,

We'll be there at the same time. We also have PS's at CRT 7/11 at 10:00 am and planned to use it as a brunch.

Might see ya there:wave:

Have a great trip.

zippehsmom:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter