Dining plan opinion

rluey29

Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!
Here is my opinion of the Disney Dining Plan. I would get the dining plan it was well worth it. We ate for 36.00 (roughly) per day and our table service meals alone would have been more expensive. Then you add a counter service and a snack to that and it is just a very good deal. We didn't always order the most expensive meals either.

It all depends on the individual (or family). We'd spend more money by doing the Dining Plan than following our normal dining plans when visiting WDW.

I agree with you on the potential savings though. It is very easy to spend way over the WDW Dining Plan cost if eating table service meals everyday, especially for supper when most prices are higher. :cool1:

In our first trips to WDW, we would go to a TS once during our trip, and always enjoyed the experience. Last year with the DP, TS became an integral part of our trip. The opportunity to enjoy the different TS makes the DP invaluable whether or not the economics are good for you.

For me the dining plan works out very well. While at Disney on past vacations, I would always buget $35.00 per day for food: very rarely did I go to a TS restaurant. Usually went to one character breakfast per trip and usually H&V and Sci-Fi: Now I can go to any TS restaurant and not worry about the cost.

I suspect that the plan has to be reviewed very specifically by people deciding on whether it is a good buy or not. I can imagine that a lot of people with two or three (or more) children over the age of nine, would not benefit from buying the plan. Also anyone who does not eat two full meals per day would not benefit.

to me, the Dining Plan was what me decide to go back to Disney in Sept. I anticipate saving $700 (the money I budgeted, as I got the FreeDP) and have estimated that the DDP will cover approx $1400 in dining purchases.
Plus I will save $400 on the price of the room as I was intending to go in early December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter