Dining Plan - how do we convert meal credits to snack credits?

So we canceled our reservation and I just rented DVC points at Poly. I am glad I looked into the dining plan because I had never been interested before. It seems like most guests are disappointed in these changes. Thanks everyone.

But can I order and get his drink as a shake? There is really no way they can police this, so it's really NBD. I just posted in a state of frustration thinking about all of the things that have been stripped from the DDP after hearing all of these new rules.
I'm not sure how many QSRs offer shakes but you can definitely order a specialty drink if it's available.

We get the dining plan not to save money, but to have all that paid for in advance and not have to keep up with that spending AND souvenir/incidentals. It’s the ease of knowing all the “big stuff”—transportation, room, meals—is all paid for in advance. And no, before you suggest it, it is NOT the same to get that same amount in Disney gift cards or cash in an envelope.

We get the dining plan not to save money, but to have all that paid for in advance and not have to keep up with that spending AND souvenir/incidentals. It’s the ease of knowing all the “big stuff”—transportation, room, meals—is all paid for in advance. And no, before you suggest it, it is NOT the same to get that same amount in Disney gift cards or cash in an envelope.

I would do it just for the pre-pay/convence if it was more of a blank credit type system. Like you buy a bank of food credits and snacks are 2, QS are 5, TS is 10, the 2TS ones are 15/20, etc. Then there are 1-3 tiered plans with a set amount of credits you can choose based on how you eat/want to use them. Like some days I just want snacks all day. Some days I want 2 ts, some days I want a ts and 2 snacks. So I don't want to be locked into a set meal schedule I want something more dynamic that's not going to cost me MORE money (either because I overpaid on a product I'm not fully using or because I need to pay for 1-2 two meals on the smaller plan).

I would do it just for the pre-pay/convence if it was more of a blank credit type system. Like you buy a bank of food credits and snacks are 2, QS are 5, TS is 10, the 2TS ones are 15/20, etc. Then there are 1-3 tiered plans with a set amount of credits you can choose based on how you eat/want to use them. Like some days I just want snacks all day. Some days I want 2 ts, some days I want a ts and 2 snacks. So I don't want to be locked into a set meal schedule I want something more dynamic that's not going to cost me MORE money (either because I overpaid on a product I'm not fully using or because I need to pay for 1-2 two meals on the smaller plan).

I also don't like playing that 'is this covered by the DDP and how game.'

I also don't like playing that 'is this covered by the DDP and how game.'
That’s why I liked the dining card promotion they had previously. We had $150 per night to spend as we wanted (though you got the entire amount upon arrival). Any dining location and we could order whatever we wanted, all appetizers or only drinks, or any combination. And you could use it for tips. We used it at F&W, Gideon’s, lounges, if we wanted to buy someone else dinner, we could. If we wanted to blow it all in one night at V&A’s, we could have. And we didn’t have to buy park hopper tickets to get the offer. And we weren’t chasing reservations our entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter