Dining plan for DVC members

Is the dining plan essential at DVC

• Yes we are in dire need of this

• No it really doesn't matter to our family at all

• other please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

CharlesTD

Lovin the Mouse since 96
So how many members feel that the dining plan is essential to your stay or is it not really that important?.

CharlesTD said:
So how many members feel that the dining plan is essential to your stay or is it not really that important?.

I don't think the answers you will get from this poll are going to tell us much. I think most of us would agree that a dining plan isn't ESSENTIAL.

Better questions would be:

- "Do you think DVC Members should be offered a dining plan?

- " Would you add the Dining Plan to your reservations if it was offered?"

- " Do you think that a dining plan would be a nice perk?"

JMHO. YMMV

If it was offered we wouldn't get it, but it would be nice for those who want it.

HBC

I love DDE, it would be great if that was offered to DVC members for a discount (dare I ask for a bigger discount than AP holders?)

We typically only eat one meal out a day, so we wouldn't benefit from a full-blown meal plan. But that 20% off of sit down meals including drinks is great! We just came back from a long weekend at Disney, ate at Mama Melrose's, Boma, and Jiko, and saved over $30. We've also eaten at V&A, Cali Grill, Spoodles, and Shutters this year, and we still have time to do some damage during F&W before our card expires...

We aren't in dire need. But a reasonablly priced dining plan would be nice for how we travel. But it completely depends on what is offered.

we wouldn't mind a "must be for the length of stay, identical to the current dining plan ($38 a day per adult, snack, counter, sitdown).

We'd love a "buy per day, $40 a day per adult, snack counter sitdown" which would allow us to eat dinner in or offsite (we wouldn't do that now, but maybe next trip we will spend a day at Universal or something)

I could stand a $60 a day, signature restaurants included, counter/dinner option or a $100 a day Grand Plan including mouseboats and golf.

But I wouldn't take a $55 a day get what the dining plan currently is at a premium price because Disney doesn't "make it up on the room."

HookdonWDW said:
I don't think the answers you will get from this poll are going to tell us much. I think most of us would agree that a dining plan isn't ESSENTIAL.

JMHO. YMMV

Good post maybe I will make another poll tomorrow with your suggestions as the questions. Our family has no use whatsoever for a dining plan not even when we have our large gatherings like Dec 06 there will be 21 of us there but we all just congregate in a different room each day and that room occupant cooks and the guests clean afterwards.

While I checked Yes, the dining plan really isn't essential. However, if it is reasonably priced, we would like it for our March trip. So bottom line, it would be a nice option, one I would take advantage of if the price is reasonable.
(I know I would do it at $38 - I just don't know how much higher I would go.)

HookdonWDW said:

JMHO. YMMV

Great suggestions. I don't think it is essential, but would like to see some kind of dining plan which we know they are working on.

I checked other. Since we normally only eat one big meal a day at a restuarant it would be nice if we could get a version of the current dining plan. Maybe the ability to buy a voucher for meals on an as needed basis. Say we wanted to just get one meal a day...we would buy vouchers for that meal. But I also love the DDE card. I've used it on two trips now and saved a bunch. I will be renewing it this spring. But since it's only available to AP holders and Fl resident it doens't help everyone in DVC. It might be nice if it was offered as a perk for DVCers also.

I've stated my opinion, ad nauseum: a resounding yes!

Offer it to those who want it...DVC is all about options. :flower:

It depends on who is going on the trip whether it's something we would use. When it's mom, grandma, sis, and I as it tends to be a couple times a year for 7 nights per, we use wegoshop and the DDE card. When it was just my sister and I in july we stayed on cash at POR and bought mostly just 2 meals a day anyway and still took advantage of the DDE card. We did NOT spend 38/day/person on food and we ate at Ohana's, CRT, Boatwright's, Sci Fi, Marrakesh plus counter service places. I was thinking that maybe we would use the Dining Plan type thing for our March college spring break trip when I voted 'cause I don't cook much but frankly we would be better off using the wegoshop and DDE combo again. Funny but sis was a little upset about not using wegoshop for the July trip but I figured 4 nights was kind of short. I'll keep track of our food costs for our short trips but it would have to be significantly higher than 38/day/person to offset the cost of MYW tickets when we have the DVC PAPs.

I voted for "dire need" since it is the closest to what I feel. I experienced the free dining plan in August and I loved it. I would be happy to pay for it in the future if I stayed at a non-DVC ressort again. I would like to see it offered to DVC members staying at DVC resorts too.

It really was nice not to think about how much a meal cost and just order what I wanted.

I voted no. We don't eat that much food. I loved using the vouchers last year. I had some counter service and some full service. Those worked well for us. When DH and I get an appetizer we split a meal.

I don't really know much about how the dining plan works, so I can't say how useful it would be for us. But I like having options, so it would be nice to see the dining plan offered to members for those who could take advantage of it.

With only 150 points and an addiction to Disney, I plan to stay primarily in studios to stretch those points. I would definitely take advantage of a dining plan. My son eats like a horse (teenager) and what I didn't eat, I am sure he would take care of in an orderly fashion. It would definitely save us money just to keep him in food. :rotfl:

I think your wording of the poll question was a bit extreme. :) I would love to have access to the dining plan. I quess it's not a "dire" need, but I would like to have the same opportunity to save money as the other people staying in the world.
Erica

EricaLovesMickey said:
I think your wording of the poll question was a bit extreme. :) I would love to have access to the dining plan. I quess it's not a "dire" need, but I would like to have the same opportunity to save money as the other people staying in the world.
Erica
We do save money while staying in the world. Think about how much they all spend each an every time they go and look at our cost yes we do have a large payment for the honour of owning DVC but that costs spans many years unlike the average once a year visitor that pays cash. We also get teh 100 dollar discount on AP passes no one else gets that offerthen with your AP you can get DDE at a discount yet again which is also not offered to the average guest so yes DVC is getting a number of savings that many are not.

Since we're taking the married kids in Sept. next year, they'd love to try it and so would we. I'm on hold for now in planning whether to get another AP or wait for a possible dining plan. If it doesn't happen, we'll do another AP and DDE card for 20% off meals at the least.

HEY, LOOK AT MY TIME CLOCK!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter