Dining plan/discount for Disney Visa?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I think the answer to the above question is no, but thought I'd check, lol! If you pay for the dining plan with the Disney Visa, do you receive a discount?
thank you!

Hi, I think the answer to the above question is no, but thought I'd check, lol! If you pay for the dining plan with the Disney Visa, do you receive a discount?
thank you!

Nope, and that's another downside to getting the Dining Plan, no AP or Disney Visa discount on your meals as you can use if you are paying as you go.

ok thanks! We found last summer there weren't too many restuarants that took the discount, unless it's changed a bit. It was great using it for sounvieners though! We bought an art print in Disney Springs, and they took the discount.
Thank you!!

ok thanks! We found last summer there weren't too many restuarants that took the discount, unless it's changed a bit. It was great using it for sounvieners though! We bought an art print in Disney Springs, and they took the discount.
Thank you!!

I know that most restaurants take an AP discount, not sure on the Disney Visa discount, but I do know that you can't use any discounts if you're using the Dining Plan.

Most table service do AP and DVC discounts. Rarely the quick service have any discounts. So depends on where you eat. Glad you asked the question, though, as I have the Disney Visa and never really thought about it. Wouldn’t it be great if you got a discount on dining and tickets! So call me a dreamer….

thank you!
No discount, but you would get some cash back and it should fall under the 6 month 0% interest financing. Though don't hold me to that one, it my only apply if you bundle it into a package.

Most table service do AP and DVC discounts. Rarely the quick service have any discounts. So depends on where you eat. Glad you asked the question, though, as I have the Disney Visa and never really thought about it. Wouldn’t it be great if you got a discount on dining and tickets! So call me a dreamer….
There have never been LOTS Of places but certainly enough to save one some money.

Currently shows ~

10% Off Select Dining Locations​

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
Boma – Flavors of Africa
Jiko – The Cooking Place (see restrictions)
Sanaa

Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Beaches and Cream
Cape May Café

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
Flying Fish (see restrictions)

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Sebastian’s Bistro

Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Steakhouse 71

Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Three Bridges Bar & Grill
Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Cítricos (see restrictions)
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee’s (see restrictions)

Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Olivia’s Cafe

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Kona Cafe

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
Boatwrights Dining Hall

Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Turf Club Bar and Grill

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Ale & Compass Restaurant
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Tiffins

Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
Mama Melrose
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions)

EPCOT®
Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions)
Coral Reef Restaurant
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Rose & Crown Dining Room
Spice Road Table

Magic Kingdom® Park
Crystal Palace
Diamond Horseshoe
Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Plaza Restaurant
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant

We have APs so we don't use it other than Joffrey's where we get 20%. Good deal as we stop there each day. ☕🍩

Joffreys has a 20 discount with the DVisa or with the AP ?

Also wonder if you have to ask about a discount or is it automatic?

I always forget to ask .

20 % with the Visa card for everything except alcohol. Anytime I have used it I have to mention the discount to them.

So we pay with our magic bands which has our Disney Visa attached to it. To get the discount do we still need to bring the card or just tell them it’s on our account? Or can we show them a screen shot of it?

So we pay with our magic bands which has our Disney Visa attached to it. To get the discount do we still need to bring the card or just tell them it’s on our account? Or can we show them a screen shot of it?
To get the discount, you need to actually pay at the restaurant with the Disney Visa. Charges to your MB don't work for the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter