Dining plan and tipping

Peppeperoni

Mouseketeer
hi! I’ve never done the dining plan and am doing so in May. I know tipping is not included for sit downs.

My question: we don’t want to keep cash on us. Are we able to tip with a card? Or a card associated with your magic band?

And finally, can each member in a party have a credit card attached to their own band or no?

hi! I’ve never done the dining plan and am doing so in May. I know tipping is not included for sit downs.

My question: we don’t want to keep cash on us. Are we able to tip with a card? Or a card associated with your magic band?

And finally, can each member in a party have a credit card attached to their own band or no?

Yes, each person can have their own CC associated with their magic band.

Tipping can be done by actual cash, actual CC, or charge back to your room via your MB.

I believe you can only attach one card per room. I might be wrong but I thought we tried this once.
If you don't want to use cash you could always use Disney gift cards.

Hi Pepperoni, we've had 3 individuals in our room a few months ago and had no problem charging to each credit card with our magic bands

Haha I’m well aware of that as I paid the trip off. Just want to try and be cashless!
We have had great luck with 10 cashless trips to Disney. Other than the highway tolls (we rent a car) and some money for mouse keeping we rarely use cash.

We were on the DDP in September and used our MBs for tips most of the time. For us, we had it all on 1 card but I'm pretty sure you can set up each MB with their own card if desired.

I believe you can only attach one card per room. I might be wrong but I thought we tried this once.

This is what I was told when I spoke to a cast member just last week, and no it is NOT the magic band, that has nothing on it but a link to your resort account, the one you put a credit card on thus the reason why non Disney resort guest can not use their magic band for charges as they do not have a CC on file, the magic band is just a tool/identifier to your resort/CC account....

This is what I was told when I spoke to a cast member just last week, and no it is NOT the magic band, that has nothing on it but a link to your resort account, the one you put a credit card on thus the reason why non Disney resort guest can not use their magic band for charges as they do not have a CC on file, the magic band is just a tool/identifier to your resort/CC account....
Interesting. That for sure is slightly inconvient. Would be a nice feature! Or maybe to be able to link to specific members in your party. Oh well all is good!

Interesting. That for sure is slightly inconvient. Would be a nice feature! Or maybe to be able to link to specific members in your party. Oh well all is good!

Ask when you get there. I'm pretty sure my sister-in-law and niece each had their own CC associated with their individual bands, and they were in the same room.

No, you can attach a different gift card to each magic band, but you have to go to the front desk to do so. You could technically have two different magic bands for the same person that have different cards attached to each of them.

The CM was mistaken, you can attach a different card to each magic band, but as I said previously, only at the front desk and you do need each magic band present along with the card holder needing ID.

The CM was mistaken, you can attach a different card to each magic band, but as I said previously, only at the front desk and you do need each magic band present along with the card holder needing ID.

Funny, you would think the CM are trained all the same thing, I wonder if they are work at home folks, makes one wonder why some get such different answers on different days......

Funny, you would think the CM are trained all the same thing, I wonder if they are work at home folks, makes one wonder why some get such different answers on different days......
It depends on how the question was worded, they may have thought you meant you wanted to attach different credit cards to different people either over the phone or online, which you cannot do, you can only do that in person at the front desk.

THEY ARE! I have a cousin who is a Disney Dining phone CM and she works from home in NC.

Just be sure if you are using your magic band that they are actually charging you. During our most recent trip last June I used my Magic Band to tip for all 12 days. At least I thought I was. They took the band and my daughter used hers to buy stuff in the parks. About 3 weeks after I got home I get a bill and an apology. They admitted it was their fault but none of the $1800 in tips got charged. What was weird was everything Gwen bought in the parks did get charged correctly. They apologized and ate some of the tip charges but still it was an unwelcome surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter