• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

M-Pi

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We are planning our first Disneyland trip for this October.

I was just wondering if any of the dining packages / desert parties are worth it (Fantasmic, WOC, and (hopefully) Oogie Boogie Parade)

Having never been I am not really sure if it is like WDW where not lining up an hour or more in advance is going to seriously affect chances of getting a decent view and if the view offered in the packages is actually a good view.

Anyone have any experience / thoughts to share?

I loved the WOC desert package. We had a great view and it was wonderful to sit down on a chair and enjoy the show with a wonderful view of the projections.

I love the World of Color Dessert Party. It’s hard to imagine seeing WOC any other way. We are doing the Fantasmic! Dining Package for the first time in June. I wouldn’t spend money on the OBB parade. There is plenty of space to see the parade shortly before the start time.

Thanks! I will definitely try for a WOC dessert party!

@DisneylandFan22 - interested to see what you think of the Fantasmic! package. Are you doing the premium one where you are dining while watching the show or one where you get a voucher for seating?

Thanks! I will definitely try for a WOC dessert party!

@DisneylandFan22 - interested to see what you think of the Fantasmic! package. Are you doing the premium one where you are dining while watching the show or one where you get a voucher for seating?
We are doing the Hungry Bear Package. It has the voucher for seating. I’ve heard mixed reviews of the value of the premium so prefer not to risk it.

I've done the WOC dessert party multiple times and to me it is worth it to have an actual seat for the show after standing and walking all day. The desserts aren't the best but they aren't the worst, the chocolate cake thing is consistently good and I like the cheeses. And I like that alcohol is included too.

I have also done the Fantasmic dining recently with Hungry Bear and Riverbelle (not premium) and again it is worth it to have a section reserved to sit (although on the ground) to see the show. The food at both are decent enough, I always grab a snack from the candy shop by the Pooh ride to eat during the actual show. If you do a dining package for the 1st show you can stay in your Fantasmic area to watch the fireworks, the projections will be shown on the water screens. You can't really see any characters that fly by the castle, although I did catch a glimpse of Baymax last week.

WOC Dessert Party and Fantasmic (regular packages) are worth it. I do not find the parade packages necessary or a good value. For parades, you can usually find a good spot without an hours-long wait.

Today, I got a curb seat for the Magic Happens parade 35 minutes before the parade started. This was our view:

08623693-D872-4132-8677-C22796F5674E.jpeg

I've done WOC many times and highly recommend it. For OBB parade I wouldn't waste your money on this one. I've been to each OBB party and the parade route is so long you can find a good parade spot 15 minutes before pretty much anywhere right at curb side. I've done it each year in different locations and no issues at all.

I think a lot depends on how much value you put on having a seat for the show vs. standing or sitting on the ground. For our recent visit, we had a dining package at Storytellers cafe and I was really impressed with the quality of the food. Often hotel buffet food can be hit an miss but it was really nice, prime cuts of meat, nice salads, lots of different dessert choices. We were happy with our spot and had a great view for WOC (sat on a picnic blanket on the floor until the show started, then stood up). We also did the Hungry Bear package for Fantasmic which was also not bad, and again sat on a picnic blanket for the whole show, you're asked to remain seated for that one.

I saw the plates provided at the WOC dessert party and the actual food did not look very impressive, but of course the main thing you are actually paying for is the seat and the prime viewing spot.

I did the WOC dessert party and Premium Fantasmic Riverbelle last November. The table we got for both shows was great! Food wise, I thought it was only ok for the WOC, my adult DD and I kind of just picked through a couple of the desserts, for the price, I would have been more happy with a buffet desert bar then a single plate. I did not really think it was worth the cost. For Fantasmic package, there was plenty of food and is was actually good, plus the dessert was fun. Also after the Fantasmic show, you can stay to also watch the fireworks from your seated area. I think this package was worth the money for the meal and to have an actual chair. Downside was that it’s time consuming since you have to line up for the early, eat, watch the show and then have the optional viewing of the fireworks. Plus another minor annoyance is people always walking in front across while watching Fantasmic. The ushers are there but it is a constant waving of their flashlights during the whole performance.

My reviews of some of the packages:
  • WOC Dessert Party: Didn't care for this. Thought it was over priced. Desserts were just meh, view was great. I'm personally not a huge fan of WOC....so don't plan on doing this again.
  • Blue Bayou Fantasmic Package: Had lunch a Bayou. Food was good, service was a bit rushed but had a great table by the rail. Had voucher to the early show. Have to get there about 30-40 min early to get by the rail. View for the show was great and our reserved section wasn't that crowded. I recommend bringing something to sit on. Was worth it.
  • Skyline Terrace: Hard pass...knew going into it that the fireworks view wouldn't be great but over all silly experience and not worth the money. The quick service meal was marginal and overall a weird experience. Wouldn't spend my money on this again.
  • Plaza Inn Magic Happens: Great reserved viewing and priced right. Didn't find the reserved seating necessary when I was there (lots of spots available). Would do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter