dining package

snelvis

Earning My Ears
Second cruise ever planned for December on Oasis seven days. First cruise was DCL in February on the WOnder three nights and loved it but too much for us and are taking grandparents and daughter age 10 and son age 9 . So, is dining package worth it ? also pick 3 or 5 option instead? did enjoy Palo for my husband and I. Are kids at all the restuarants? recommendations on places to eat free and extra. thanks

Hi - my 7 year old daughter and I just got off the Allure (we've been on the Oasis previously and they are almost the same ship). I bought the 3 night package and we were gifted another night by our TA. Don't book online because they don't offer a kid's price online. There are crew selling the packages as soon as you get on board. We really enjoyed the restaurants. There weren't other kids in any but none were so fancy that my daughter wasn't welcome. We usually went at 6-6:30. We ate at Giovanni's Table, Chops Grille, Izumi (for the hibachi), and 150 Central Park. 150 Central Park was excellent and Chops was very, very good as well. Izumi was good - and fun. We had done Giovanni's on the Oasis as well and I thought it was better on the Oasis.

The only time we encountered any crowds for dining was starting at 8:45 when there were lines at the buffet. It was a bit of a shocker but we went to eat at 8:15 so only saw them on the way out! :-) We never made it to a dining room but there are plenty of places to eat. Breakfast: Johnny Rockets is free at breakfast, made to order omelettes are at Wipe Out Cafe, and Park Cafe has pastries/bagels, cold cereals, etc. (no hot food). Lunch: Wipe Out Cafe has burgers, hot dogs, etc., Park Cafe has wraps, roast beef sandwiches, salads, etc., and you can have pizza at Sorrento's on the Promenade. Oh sorry...we did go to the dining room once - for the Madagascar Character Breakfast. There was a $10pp charge but the breakfast was good and my daughter had photos taken with 3 characters.

Are you planning to do My Time Dining or set time dining? If you plan to do My Time Dining and also plan to go to any specialty restaurant, I'd suggest booking ALL nights at My Time Dining and then fitting in your specialty dining once you see what each day looks like once you book your shows, excursions, etc. We had no trouble getting any specialty dining reservation once on board. You absolutely need to book ALL your shows online as soon as you can. The shows are good - the ice show, the aqua show (excellent), and my daughter loved CATS (think it's still on the Oasis).

Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your cruise!

I was on an older ship recently but didn't do any pay options. There is plenty of free food if you WANT to go that route. I wasn't sure from your post. Nothing wrong if you want to do specialty but the buffet food was more than adequate for me and I preferred it to the dining room LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter