• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining? Mickey's NSSHP

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My husband and I will be attending the Halloween party this August. Do you think it's a bad idea to skip a real seated dinner and just eat things around the party? Like eat a nice lunch at the resort (CSR) and just enjoy eating snacks at the party? Has anyone done this? Also opinions on Disney Springs' Splitsville? Has anyone ate or bowled there?

Thank you all!

Hi all,

My husband and I will be attending the Halloween party this August. Do you think it's a bad idea to skip a real seated dinner and just eat things around the party? Like eat a nice lunch at the resort (CSR) and just enjoy eating snacks at the party? Has anyone done this? Also opinions on Disney Springs' Splitsville? Has anyone ate or bowled there?

Thank you all!

We have been to many parties and tried every combination you can think of. Big breakfast, big lunch, big dinner etc. My suggestion is eat a larger breakfast or lunch then grab some snacks during the party, especially the party only snacks. Don't waste any time for a meal during the party, and avoid heavy early dinner, we tried that and felt it slowed us down at the party.

We like Splitsville. A menu that has something for everyone. Not terribly expensive. Sports Bar style food. We've never bowled.

We always eat a counter service meal as soon as we enter the MK at 4pm when it’s not crowded. We avoid purchasing food/snacks the rest of the evening. We usually eat a couple of Halloween treats from our trick or treat bags later in the evening if we feel like a snack.

I would do your regular 3 meals but have a lighter lunch. When we attend MVMCP we have dinner at 4 pm or 4:30 pm at either Tony’s or BOG and are fine to snack at the party. I know everyone is different.
This is a very similar approach to what we do for the Halloween party (except we just do a quick service at the hotel -- usually either the Grand or Contemporary).

We're planning on doing a big lunch and then either snaking or grabbing a CS meal during the party. Don't want to waste experience party time on a TS restaurant!

We always get a sit down lunch at the last lunch reservation of the day - 2pm. We pick entrees that aren't sweet and snack on sweets during the party. As a bonus if you eat at a monorail resort at 2pm, you're right by MK for the 4pm open time.

When I do MNSSHP, I usually grab counter service about 5:30 while I wait for lines to go down and the party to REALLY start. Works well.

I love Splitsville to eat. Never had a bad meal or bad service there. And I love the cocktails. Never tried bowling though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter