Dining Itinerary Geared Around 5 Year Old Princess

Thoughts on character interaction and meal and service at Bon Voyage Breakfast at Tratoria Al Forno.

It was 2 years ago when we went but everyone loved it. I had the pancakes and they were simple but good. I subbed the meat for potatoes and those were delicious. Everyone else had the calzone and thought it was unusual but tasty. My 2 yo was allowed to pick a free kids meal and was also given a fruit bowl. They served POG juice to the table, but didn't ask if we wanted a different beverage. We were fine with just that so didn't ask for anything else. The pastries were cute and fun and they boxed up the extras for us to take with us. There was a cute parade around the restaurant with the characters and the kids. Ariel and Eric were okay. She seemed a bit rushed and Eric seemed a little awkward (guessing he was a bit new). Rapunzel and Flynn were fantastic! Rapunzel started tickling my little one to get him to smile for pics and was really sweet. Flynn taught the kids how to do his signature "smolder" look and showed the kids where he hid the crown when DD asked, so if you go, make sure to ask him.

Overall, it rated very highly amongst all the restaurants we went to and we absolutely recommend it.

We took our 5 year old daughter to WDW in Jan/Feb of 2019.
We let her choose 3 meals.

She chose:
CRT, breakfast
Food was great, Service was great, princesses were rushed

Chef Mickey's dinner
Food was fine, Service was great, Characters were fantastic
Hubby got sick, he is sure it was from the ice cream area as kids were putting their hands in the toppings

Hollywood & Vine Disney JR Breakfast
Food was ok, service was ok, characters were good

We are going back in January 2021 when dd turns 7, and she has already chosen her meals
Akershus breakfast
Crystal Palace
Plus 1 Mickey & Friends meal

She has zero desire to meet any princes.

We took our 5 year old daughter to WDW in Jan/Feb of 2019.
We let her choose 3 meals.

She chose:
CRT, breakfast
Food was great, Service was great, princesses were rushed

Chef Mickey's dinner
Food was fine, Service was great, Characters were fantastic
Hubby got sick, he is sure it was from the ice cream area as kids were putting their hands in the toppings

Hollywood & Vine Disney JR Breakfast
Food was ok, service was ok, characters were good

We are going back in January 2021 when dd turns 7, and she has already chosen her meals
Akershus breakfast
Crystal Palace
Plus 1 Mickey & Friends meal

She has zero desire to meet any princes.

We are going in August 2021 and the trip will be centered around our daughter's love of princesses. Shee will be less than a week from being 6.

At the time of our trip in May my son will be 4. I am trying to space out the characters across the meals. He loves the mad hatter and I am a huge mary fan so we are doing 1900 park fare breakfast. He loves captain hook, so we are doing the pirates and pals fireworks cruise. Snow white is my favorite movie and I got him loving dopey.. so storybook dining is also on the list. Not a character meal, but my fb loves ohana and my son had fun last year. They do coconut races and dances. Then we have a fab 4 breakfast planned at the new topolinos terrace.

So that is my only suggestion... breaking up the characters so there isnt a lot of overlap. I know she loves princesses.. but there is SO MUCH to do in disney. The characters will blur together, while the events will be what she remembers. I highly suggest beaches and cream for the kitchen sink, I cant imagine any kid forgetting a massive bowl of ice cream like that!!! Also, you need a fab 5 meal. You cant go to disney and not eat with mickey and friends!!!

At the time of our trip in May my son will be 4. I am trying to space out the characters across the meals. He loves the mad hatter and I am a huge mary fan so we are doing 1900 park fare breakfast. He loves captain hook, so we are doing the pirates and pals fireworks cruise. Snow white is my favorite movie and I got him loving dopey.. so storybook dining is also on the list. Not a character meal, but my fb loves ohana and my son had fun last year. They do coconut races and dances. Then we have a fab 4 breakfast planned at the new topolinos terrace.

So that is my only suggestion... breaking up the characters so there isnt a lot of overlap. I know she loves princesses.. but there is SO MUCH to do in disney. The characters will blur together, while the events will be what she remembers. I highly suggest beaches and cream for the kitchen sink, I cant imagine any kid forgetting a massive bowl of ice cream like that!!! Also, you need a fab 5 meal. You cant go to disney and not eat with mickey and friends!!!

We did Beaches and Cream with our daughter in 2018. We all liked it. The princesses for my daughter are individual and don't blur together.

Does anyone know if STK is on teh dining plan moving forward? Also what is your favorite Steakhouse in Disney World?

I think that I would focus the dining based on the food and not keep it princess centered. I have raised 2 daughters and what they like can change easily in a year and a half. We took them every year and what they seemed to love one year, changed the next time that we went. You can always do the meet and greets for the princess if you need more of them. Have a great trip.

My daughter wants to do the princess meals she loves them. We all love CRT for breakfast. I am going to suprise her with the Perfectly Princess Tea Party for a present.

That's a lot of food, and TS per day. Honestly, I would go with just one TS per day.

How are Spice Road Table and Restaurant Marrakesh? How do they compare to Tangierine Cafe (besides being ts vs qs) and compare against each other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter