Dining at resorts?

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We are headed to WDW in February and staying at PVB. We have a non-park day where we've thought about heading over to Wilderness Lodge to get food at Geyser Point or go to Coronado Springs to check out the Three Bridges Bar & Grill. Neither of these take reservations and since we are not staying at those resorts, would we be able to access them for dining? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd check with you guys.

As long as you arrive via Disney transportation, you’ll be fine. If driving, some have reported difficulty getting past the guards at the resort parking entrance. The workaround for that is a mobile order, if the desired restaurant offers that service.

I stayed at Poly and went to Geyser Point for dinner. Just took the monorail (or boat) to MK and then took the boat over to Wilderness Lodge. If you're returning after MK hours you would have to uber/lyft back. For Coronado you get there from the Magic Kingdom or bus via Disney Springs.

OK, I had thought about riding the boat over to WL from MK, but I wasn't sure if it was running. I think Three Bridges has mobile ordering, but I don't think Geyser Point does (at least not currently). Thanks - we'll try one of these ideas.

We stayed at CCV early Dec. no mobile order but we ate inside Geyser which was basically outdoor since it was open. The MK boat ride is very efficient and worth the trip for Geyser.

You can always hop a bus to CSR from the MK to get to Three Bridges.

Resort dining is currently a wreck. Consider Restaurants, actually in BUSINESS, on "Open Table".

1) MOST of DS...
2) All of Swan/Dolphin (Shula's, IlMulino).
3) Even Bull&Bear, and CAPA - both stunning :).

There is no longer a booking time penalty. Both WDW, and Open Table, book 60 days in advance.
WDW no longer offers Dining Plans, or TIW - no financial penalty.

That great Restaurant that you can actually BOOK, is far better than the shut down location that you CAN'T book...

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
Post immediately deleted, when hate mail arises."

Hi, are you saying that if you have a current TIW card you can't use it? I was under the impression that I was good to go because my card is still valid...Please say that my understanding is correct.

Hi, are you saying that if you have a current TIW card you can't use it? I was under the impression that I was good to go because my card is still valid...Please say that my understanding is correct.
When we were there in November we used TIW where it was accepted and had no issues. They are not selling new TIW cards at this time.

When we were there in November we used TIW where it was accepted and had no issues. They are not selling new TIW cards at this time.
We used ours in November as well as last week - we even used it on Christmas Day! (The server told us it was not blocked out that day as a "bonus" due to the prolonged closures.) We also checked with GR and confirmed that ours, which previously was due to expire the end of February 2021, will now expire the end of June.

They are not currently selling new TIW but anyone who has one can use it and they are accepting it.

I think the OP was simply saying that due to all the changes, closed restaurants, and lack of new sales, WDW is not worth going to.

But, for those who still have TIW, you will be able to use up until the new date of expiration...I think they gave 4 months.

I never said this. I said that you can not BUY a TIW card, at this time.
Post deleted, not seeking any problems...

I never said this. I said that you can not BUY a TIW card, at this time.
Post deleted, not seeking any problems...

Hi, sorry if you took my post to be a problem. I just wanted to be sure that my understanding that my TIW card would still be accepted was correct. I never meant to cause you a concern that your post was causing a problem. No problems from me...I hope you have a magical day… pixiedust:

Oh and by the way Happy New Year! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter