• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining at Resorts when you don't have admission to the park...

Familymoon

Mouseketeer
We are staying offsite, and going to be in town for 8 days - but only getting a 4 day park hopper.

We'd like to visit the Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafe (kids love that!) and Beaches and Cream, of course - but I am wondering if we'll have to pay for parking? We have a day planned at MGM, so I suppose we could park and take a bus or something to B&C - but we're most likely avoiding AK b/c I'm pregnant and have heard it is a lot of uphill walking.

So - I guess my question is - can I drive to the restaurant without paying for parking for in the "Disney World" parking lot if I plan to only eat at a restaurant - or should I just plan it for a day when we'll be there anyway?

You can park at any resort without charge anytime. All the resorts have self-park areas, although there may be quite a walk from there to the resort. There is a time limit if you are not a resort guest -- 3 hours -- unless you choose to valet park (that is $6 per day).

So if you want to visit Beaches and Cream, just head over to the Beach Club, tell the security guard you are there for a meal and park. Then have fun!! :)

If your kids like the Rainforest Cafe you can go to the one at Downtown Disney instead. It's basically the same restaurant but your parking is free at DTD. You will need to pay the parking fee at AK if you go there.

As for Beaches and Cream, you can park at the Resort itself. That's free, unless you want valet parking, but limited to three hours.

Excellent - so we can visit Beaches & Cream any time on our "off" days - and use our Connections vouchers...and then we'll just be sure we do the Rainforest Cafe on a day when we're already going to a park and take Disney transportation to it or something. (We have to go to the one outside AK - because of the connections vouchers, I believe)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter