Dining at Ikspiari

paulasillars

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if there are any vegetarian friendly dining options at Ikspiari? I read one review on Tripadvisor that said there were a couple of vegetarian options (assuming restaurants) but I can't find any further info.

We'd be more than happy to eat at the foodcourt there too if that was the case.

Personally I'd rather eat the Japanese food than the "American" style anyway, but I understand they don't grasp the concept of "vegetarian" very well with fish/ham in practically everything.

I'm not a vegetarian, but my sister is and she has has a hard time eating Japanese food. (For what it's worth, we are Japanese-Americans and our family eats Japanese food quite often.) When in doubt, you can eat sushi with egg, cucumber, takuan, ume, etc.

She says that any type of noodle dish is VERY sketchy because many soup bases have fish, pork, and beef stock and you cannot always tell by taste.

Anyway, to answer your question, this place might be okay:

http://www.clea.co.jp/

It looks like they can do a soba and veggie tempura dish. The dipping sauces might have some sort of animal stock in them, so if you avoid those you should be okay.

i went with a vegan friend who speaks japanese, and he found it impossible to find anything in ikspiari. maybe you'll find more options, but it is very difficult to get anything truly vegetarian.

In the city there are a lot of options but in Ikspiari I really can't think of any of the top of my head. Your best bet may be the little market there and as for restaurants maybe La Belle can have the chef make a vegetarian meal, the same at Empire Grill at Ambassador Hotel. The only other place I can think of is Kyo no Uta which is buffet and focuses on healthy dining so they have many veggie options including desserts but you would need to ask questions about how it was made to be sure. Maybe another choice is Angelina's as they have a pretty big salad dish.

Here are some popular places in Tokyo at least though:
http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/feature/232/Tokyos-top-vegetarian-restaurants

I actually just joined DIS to get this kind of info...I am a vegetarian traveling to TDL in a few weeks. I'm kind of nervous. We moved to Japan (Okinawa) last year and in all this time I have literally NEVER - not even once - found a vegetarian dish at a Japanese restaurant. It's not that big of a deal since it's home...we just buy our food at the market and cook at home...but traveling is a different story.

I did notice there is a Rainforest Cafe at Ikspiari...but I do not know if it is the same exact menu as stateside. There are a couple veg options on their regular menu. Hopefully it will be the same...

Good luck. I think we will need it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter