Dining at Emeril's ...

Fºoºz

DIS Veteran
Just a few questions about Emeril's ...

- Has anyone dined there recently or are there any reviews available on the restaurant ... is it very pricey ... what is your opinion ... ?

- How far ahead do you have to make reservations for? In regards to on-site hotel guests ... is there priority seating available? I know that Emeril's is opening a new restaurant at the Royal Pacific and am looking at seeing what our dining options are.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you would call August recent, but I can answer your questions based on that last trip:

My wife and I loved Emeril's. Number one, the food was sensational. Everything was cooked to perfection and the portions were just right for us (we can put it away :D ). The service was some of the best we've ever had, and we've done alot of traveling. It is very attention oriented, so, if you don't like personal attention, it might seem a bit overwelming. We both had pre-dinner drinks, plus a decent bottle of wine with our dinners, appetizers, main course, and dessert. The bill, including our 20% tip, was $145.00.
As for reservations, we called the third week in June for the first weekend in August. The only spot they had left for dinner was 9:30 PM on Sunday night. So, make your reservation as far in advance as possible.
If you go, hope you love it as much as we did.

I second that emotion. We went there last Oct and I will admit I was skeptical going in because I'm more of a traditionalist and am always leary of fare that borders on eclectic. However, I was very impressed with Emeril's. The food was delicious, and the service outstanding. Can't say what we paid, because I was there on business and our manager picked up the bill.

For appetizer we had the pulled barbeque pork enchiladas
main course I had grilled and roasted chicken

For dessert: Banana Creme Pie. It was the best I've ever had, and I'm really not a banana creme pie fan. Do not miss it!

Looking forward to dining with Emeril in several days. We were given a $100 gift certificate which I'm sure will go fast just on appetizers alone. BAM!!!

The DW and I had dinner at Emeril's back in June. It was wonderful, the service the most attentive we have ever experienced. The food was wonderful and since my DW enjoys her food with a little less "bam", they were happy to oblige. We also ran @150 dollars for the two of us, including cocktails, wine, and dessert. Two memorable items were the black bean soup, and , as you already heard, the banana cream pie. WOW!:eek:

JW;)

Ooops,,,forgot to mention,,,we got our reservations almost 2 months in advance for a Sunday night. Both Friday and Saturday of that weekend were already booked that far in advance. However, while we were there, they were accepting walk-ins because of some cancellations. Even after reserving, they request a follow-up within 24 hours of your scheduled dining time.

JW

Wow ... I luuuuuvv banana cream pie :bounce: ... I'll certainly have to try it. From what I can gather, it can be fairly expensive for two (especially taking into account the exchange rate with the Canadian dollar).

Does the dining experience last any longer than usual with appetizers, dessert and so on? Does anyone know if you can arrange something special beforehand for one couple celebrating their 10th anniversary and another on their honeymoon?

Double Wow ... that must be some special 'BAM' ;) JW ... my DW will probably also go that route ... I am assuming though that you are referring to how spicey the food is as I have no clue what exactly 'BAM' refers to other than it is Emeril's trademark! :p :p

Also has anyone tried the "degustation" that is listed on the menu on Emeril's website?

Thanks everyone for your help so far.
:bounce:

We did the digustation (I think I spelled that right) and it ran close to $300 for the two of us...worth every penny!

Yes its pricey but I highly recommend going to Emerils! We went in December, what an experience. I went for lunch, where the dress is a bit more casual. Had a terrific salad (interesting greens but I had no idea what they were LOL) and gumbo--spicey and tasty! And for dessert, cheesecake (yum!) We had 3 waiters waiting on us, hand and foot at that (I'm not used to that kind of service, quite an experience!) If you can go, do it! It'll be something you never forget!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We are talking about going for lunch in Sept.
Melanie how far in advance did you book for lunch? Was there a big diffence between lunch and dinner prices?

You guys are making me hungry.
;)

FoOoz,,,BAM does refer to the spiciness,,it is definitely cajun seasoning from N'Orleans. Just go with your servers suggestions and have the DW indicate how spicy she would like things. And if you can, save a LOT of room for the banana cream pie, it is HUGE!:cool:

JW

Originally posted by webray
We did the digustation (I think I spelled that right) and it ran close to $300 for the two of us...worth every penny!
Yowzers!!! ... $300 :eek: ... that's over $480 Canadian!!!! What exactly was involved in your degustation ... has to involve wine (I hope :o )

Originally posted by willydoit
FoOoz,,,BAM does refer to the spiciness,,it is definitely cajun seasoning from N'Orleans. Just go with your servers suggestions and have the DW indicate how spicy she would like things. And if you can, save a LOT of room for the banana cream pie, it is HUGE!:cool:

JW
I certainly love spicey food however will have to really tone it down for my wife. As Homer Simpson would probably say ... mmmmm ... banana cream piiieeeee ..... :bounce:

I forgot to ask ... is there a dress code in order to dine there?

Emeril's is good, but pricey. I used to like it a lot until I ate at Mythos. Still, I'd go back to Emeril's for the gumbo. It's the best I've eaten, comparable to my brother's. :)

danicaw--

I want to say it was somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks in advance that I booked. I probably didn't need to do it that far in advance, but i was horribly paranoid at not being able to get the reservations!

As for the prices--I'm not sure since I didn't see the nighttime menu--but for 3 people the meal was over $100--and believe me that was a shock to us, but its so worth every penny. Its just an experience, you have to do it :D

We booked months in advance...but it was for a weekend night. I have tried weeks in advance and they are always booked.

Make a reservation!

Good advise to make a reservation. I booked the end of Janury for Easter week in April, and got the last table for 4 at 6:00. Never hurts to be on the safe side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter