Dining 8/27-9/2 reviews

PiperPizzaz

DIS Veteran
This was the first time I had done any table service restaurants so they are all new to me. It was me, Dh, Ds(11mos) and another family (husband, wife and 15 mos DD)

Table Service Restaurants:
Liberty Tree Tavern (character dinner): This I thought was excellent and may have been my favorite dinner of the trip. The food was all good everyone especially liked the turkey except for me (my favorite was the ham). Plenty for the little ones to eat and the character interaction was fantastic (oh and we had a great waitress).

Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner): I really wasn't impressed with this. The photos weren't great. The food was bad. I had the prime rib (too dry) and Dh had the cheese tortellini (too much garlic and we LOVE garlic). I only wanted to go here to eat in the castle so I guess I got what I came for.

San Angel Inn (lunch): Dh had nachos here and I think they were his favorite thing the whole trip. I didn't eat here but I did taste his and it was delicious.

L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante (dinner): this was delicious probably the best food I had the whole trip. Ok maybe the fettucini alfredo was a little over-rated, but still very good. The lasagna was probably the best I have ever had. The tiramisu - YUM!

Chefs de France (dinner): this was a last minute change and we were able to get reservations that day. It was really good. The pork chop and sweet potatoes were both excellent and Dh had the rotisserie chicken which was good but we think there was mushrooms in the sauce which he is allergic to and ended up making him sick the next day and a half :guilty: The creme brulee was very good also.

Hollywood & Vine (character lunch): This was really cute the character scome around but they also 'sing' and dance and the kids loved it. The food wasn't too bad. I especially like the chicken kabobs with peanut sauce. They also had really good desserts. I would recommend this highly to anyone with little kids.

'Ohana (dinner): I was really looking forward to this but was disappointed. I didn't think the food was that good. I was excited to try the peanut sauce and while it was probably the best thing they had it was way too salty. It was hard to get a good piece of meat and everything else was just OK. The dessert was good though.

Donald's Breakfastosaurus: Yuck! The food was below average and the characters came around only once briefly (mickey even skipped my Ds). I wouldn't bother ever going back here.

A few counter services:
Wolfgang Puck express: Delicious, we should have just eaten here every meal!!!! I had Linguini with Chicken Bolognese and Dh had BBQ Chicken Quesadilla. Ds had chicken fingers and they were ok.

Flame Tree Barbeque: Very good, we both had pork sandwiches and they were so tasty! Even though the seating is outside it is covered and has fans so it wasn't too hot and you can't beat the views of the lake/expedition everest.

Tangierine Cafe: Only I had this and I loved it. I would definitely go back here but only on the dining plan it is expensive.

Of course we at other places but nothing of note. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your post and your reviews. I had the same experience at O'Hana's. The food wasn't all that great to me.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter