Dine with shamu--all who have been care to share in the experience??

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
Anyone who has been, would love to hear your experiences. Good or bad. We have reservations and are anxiously waiting our time to go. Was it worth it to go??? thanks

Hi there,
We are scheduled to do Dine with Shamu on 12/8/02 I will let you know how it goes when we get back. Only 16 1/2 housr till we leave for WDW, Discovery Cove and Sea World!!!!! Can't wait!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks!!! and have a super, duper time. I'm jealous your almost there!!!. I'll be anxious to hear report when get back :bounce:

Not for 55 more days :( I'm so bummed is taking forever to get here. Have a safe, fun one.

Thanks,
We went this same time in 2000 and in 2001 and each year we booked our next vacation 6 weeks after we got home so this is all I have been thinking about since February. I know how you feel :rolleyes: Will post my trip report upon my return:p

I went this past October, and the food was fine, but clearly not up to the standard of a disney buffet. We had three of the whales right in front of us the whole time and then three of the trainers came over and had the whales do some tricks. One other note, make SURE all your electronic equipment is in baggies or otherwise waterproofed, as we saww one of the whales splash a table out of the blue and the entire area was soaked beyond belief!

Have a great time!

We just went yesterday, it was a little cold, but fun. The food was okay. It is a buffet, but there wasn't a lot of variety. My family and I are glad we did it, but I don't think that we'll do it again. Our bill came out to about $110 for 2 Adults and 2 Children. Since you are only sitting a few feet away from the whales, you can get soaked with saltwater. Luckily, the whales didn't soak anybody yesterday.

Another question if I could please ask. We are going shortly and am planning my budget. I know the dine with shamu is a buffet, do we have to tip the server and pay for our own drinks or is it included in the ticket amount?? Thanks for any help.

HI
when we were there in Oct Ice Tea and pink lemonade came with dinner. All other drinks were EXPENSIVE $4 I seen to recall. We were among the last to leave I did not leave a tip nor did I see anyone else doing so. but then I didn't see to many drinking anything but what was on the tables. We had a wonderful dinner, everything was fresh and laid out easily. We also never got wet but were warned that it could happen. I'd be happy to answer anyother ?'s you have
Christy

Thats is exacatly what I needed to know--thanks bunches!!. Guess we will be drinking what's on table also, wheww, luckily my husband is an ice tea drinker. :) have great day!!.

We also went last month and enjoyed it but not enough to do it again. We (myself and two sons) enjoyed the buffet and found it a change from Disney fayre as there were more salads. We didn't like the iced tea so our server brought cokes for the boys at no extra charge and we had coffees and hot chocolates (it was cold!) and didn't pay for those either. However, the server did bring a little 'gratuity tray' as we were finishing our meal so I left something as she had been good with the drinks and offered to take a family photo for us. The overall experience was good although the whales were very quiet and didn't 'do' anything - the boys were hoping for a few jumps or splashes. The trainers were friendly and chatty although they did tend to focus on one or two families. If you want the chance to get up close to the whales or talk to the trainers, then it's well worth doing. We booked the day before and half of the tables were empty but then it was off-season and cold!

For our dinner, all our drinks were included. We had soda, hot chocolate and coffee. For my family of four (2 Adults, 2 Kids) we left a $10 tip. I'm pretty sure that tips are not included in the price of the dinner.

We had made our reservations prior to the price increase so our dinner was about 11.00 cheaper, and the only additional perk you get is beer and maybe wine included now. Since we dont drink that was no big loss to us. I thought the food was terrible, I ate off the kids buffet, but the kids loved the show. So for that reason alone I am glad that we did go, but I would not do it again. And yes we did leave the waitress a 10.00 tip after the show was over. We took a few cookies for snacks for the later shows. The chef was really nice and brought us over a big napkin to wrap them in.

when did the price increase go into effect?? and beer and wine are included now in the price?? we had our reservations made in Nov I think. Thanks for any insight to this.

I dont know when it went into effect except that it was some time between the end of October when I made our reservations and when we actually did the Dine with Shamu. Because they first gave us name tags with our name highlighted and then when I complained about the price she took our name tags back, rewrote them and did not highlight our names. When I asked what that was all about she informed me that if we were not willing to pay the increased price then we wouldnt be able to have the free beer. I said thats fine we dont drink anyway. I also remember our waitress checking to see if our nametags were highlighted or now, even though we didnt order any alcohol.:D :D :D

I guess I better call and find out price we are paying. I don't drink but my husband probably will, maybe we can do 1/2 and 1/2 ;) I can't find price or anything on the new sea world site. The whole thing sounds weird, they just started this program and now are raising prices. :( Oh-well have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter