Digital Membership Cards?

Could you explain what you did to back out and start over? I'd like to try this. Or does it have to be done when you're working with a CM?
Log into DVC and start a chat with a CM. Explain that a person on your deed does not have DVC blue card linked on mydisneyexperience. They will provide you with the two codes you need and help you with this. Write down the codes and make sure you note upper and lower case letters. They will stay with you until you understand what you need to do. You will have to sign out of chat. Log back in and put in your codes and it should work. I had to do it twice. He checked his MDE on his cell phone and there it was.

I've been trying to get him set up since January! Good luck!

Log into DVC and start a chat with a CM. Explain that a person on your deed does not have DVC blue card linked on mydisneyexperience. They will provide you with the two codes you need and help you with this. Write down the codes and make sure you note upper and lower case letters. They will stay with you until you understand what you need to do. You will have to sign out of chat. Log back in and put in your codes and it should work. I had to do it twice. He checked his MDE on his cell phone and there it was.

I've been trying to get him set up since January! Good luck!
Thanks so much! I'll give it a try soon & report back!

Jan

Thanks so much! I'll give it a try soon & report back!

Jan
Update: I actually called & got through first try to Tech help. They weren't helpful while on the phone, but said they'd put in a ticket. After waiting a day I didn't see a change, so I removed MagicMobile from my wallet, & reinstalled it through MDE. It worked! It's now (correctly) DVC Y! Yay!!!

I recently added 150 direct points (signed the contract on Wednesday). I can access a "printable" blue card now on website, but the card in my apple wallet still shows DVC ND. Any idea how long it takes to update to a Y after you add on with (150) direct points? I should note that I deleted my card from the wallet, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, added the card back, etc., but still hasn't updated. Headed to DL later in April and want to make sure I can get my discount when dining etc.

I recently added 150 direct points (signed the contract on Wednesday). I can access a "printable" blue card now on website, but the card in my apple wallet still shows DVC ND. Any idea how long it takes to update to a Y after you add on with (150) direct points? I should note that I deleted my card from the wallet, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, added the card back, etc., but still hasn't updated. Headed to DL later in April and want to make sure I can get my discount when dining etc.

It will not change until you have officially closed on the contract.

Anyone have luck getting their digital card when you share an email with your spouse? My DH has the DVC Y but I still don't have the DVC affiliation at all!

Mine changed almost immediately, we were resale, bought weds direct and it changed Thursday.
ETA: we actually hadn’t even signed our docs at that time yet.

Mine changed almost immediately, we were resale, bought weds direct and it changed Thursday.
ETA: we actually hadn’t even signed our docs at that time yet.

Good to know! I had read it didn’t happen until closing but maybe they have found a way to get it working property quickly!,,

Anyone have luck getting their digital card when you share an email with your spouse? My DH has the DVC Y but I still don't have the DVC affiliation at all!

You have to have your own DVC and MDE log in to get it to load correctly.

UGH. My husband messed that up a while back with the help of IT. They deleted our other email.
Just give MS a call to get new codes and maybe just do a new email for you and then you can set your own accounts up, load your pass and never use. It’s what we will need to do for DH if he ever wants his own.

Just give MS a call to get new codes and maybe just do a new email for you and then you can set your own accounts up, load your pass and never use. It’s what we will need to do for DH if he ever wants his own.
I probably should but don't really want to. lol I'll just make DH buy everything we need with the discount! It's actually MY email that he somehow screwed up and changed to go with HIS name. It's super annoying and I don't even understand how he did it. This would be so much simpler if they just sent out physical cards still!

I probably should but don't really want to. lol I'll just make DH buy everything we need with the discount! It's actually MY email that he somehow screwed up and changed to go with HIS name. It's super annoying and I don't even understand how he did it. This would be so much simpler if they just sent out physical cards still!
That works too!!!

Good to know! I had read it didn’t happen until closing but maybe they have found a way to get it working property quickly!,,
Yeah I’ve been surprised with how smooth things have gone, with reading so many posts about different issues I was sure we were going to have some issues with points being loaded or blue card white card problems.

I am trying to scan this whole thread for the answer, but my eyes are going buggy so . . .
Resale owners, 2015 purchase, have physical blue cards. Digital card now says "DVC Y"
Are we good to go for discounts now? I recall a month or so ago it was indicating that I wasn't, but now I can't remember what letters mean what. Thanks!

I am trying to scan this whole thread for the answer, but my eyes are going buggy so . . .
Resale owners, 2015 purchase, have physical blue cards. Digital card now says "DVC Y"
Are we good to go for discounts now? I recall a month or so ago it was indicating that I wasn't, but now I can't remember what letters mean what. Thanks!
Yes, you’re good now! Y means Yes, ND meant No Discount. 👍

DH finally set it up through Magic Mobile/Google Pay since he's required to have a lock screen for work and I wanted no part of that on my phone. (We're usually together anyways for anything we'd use the card for.). Grandfathered resale members here, DVC Y. Thank you all for reporting back when your status changed. Our trip is in June so we were able to wait until the craziness ended. Still not happy that we need to use Google Pay for it. It should just be noted on our magic bands or let us print out a temporary card before each trip...

DH finally set it up through Magic Mobile/Google Pay since he's required to have a lock screen for work and I wanted no part of that on my phone. (We're usually together anyways for anything we'd use the card for.). Grandfathered resale members here, DVC Y. Thank you all for reporting back when your status changed. Our trip is in June so we were able to wait until the craziness ended. Still not happy that we need to use Google Pay for it. It should just be noted on our magic bands or let us print out a temporary card before each trip...
yep. I just don't understand why they can't just send everyone cards. I hate having the phone open all of the time for everything!

yep. I just don't understand why they can't just send everyone cards. I hate having the phone open all of the time for everything!
As has been said before, that’s what they used to do and people (apparently in significant enough numbers to land on Disney’s radar) continued to use the cards long after they had sold their contracts.

And it’s not a cost issue. Cards with magnetic stripes cost about fifty cents each. Cards with no stripe are about half that. Less than the cost to mail them. That’s why sub-prime credit card issuers can send out literally millions of dummy cards every month. Regardless, they’d just add the cost to dues under administration anyway, so there’d be zero cost to Disney.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter