Digital camera and airport

dumby

<font color=purple>Dumby in Alabama<br><font color
Is there anything special that needs to be done at the airport for a digital camera or memory card? I remember with film it was not suppose to go through the scanner thingy. This will be my first trip with my digital cameral. Also what about a camcorder and the tapes for that. Are they save to go through the machine at the airport. As you can see I do not fly very much.

No, there is no negative effect of X-Rays on digitol camera/memory cards. Well, that is to say there is not that has been relesed as of yet. That does not meen there isn't any, but it for most purposes should be fine. If your worried though, put it in the bin where you place your shoes and keys and have them hand check it. But from what I have seen, it shouldn't have any negative effects on it. Now, putting it in your checked lugange will damage your camera, that is if its not stolen our of your suit case before it even makes it on the plane. There is a huge problem with camera's and other electronics being stolen out of checked lugange, especially now that you can't even lock it.

Whoops, missed your questoin about camcorders.
Your camcorder tapes should be OK, but I wouldn't trust the X-Rays personally. Place them in the shoe key bin and have them hand checked. The camcorder however should be just fine. As with your camera, DO NOT put it in your checked lugage if you want it when you get to your destination.

Thanks for you help. I will make sure to put both in my carry on bag.

You may need to remove the camcorder from your carryon and send it through on it's own like a PC.

I belive that they have you do this since the batteries on these can be hard to see thru.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter