• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Difficulty Getting ADRs

Most days now we have our main meal at a late “lunch” or “brunch” hour unless the restaurant we want isn’t open at that time. We spend the morning at the parks, do a meal and a break, and then go back to the parks later. QS for the dinner meal - often at resorts rather than in the parks. It works well for us as we book ADR’s.

We will be making 7 ADRs for our 10 day November trip. 5 lunch, one breakfast at Topolino’s mid trip and CG dinner our last night. I’m hoping we don’t have issues since they should be easier ADRs to get and we put Topolino’s mid trip. We also do out lunches before our midday break or upon arrival to the park if we’re starting late that day. So 11:30-12:30.

I got most everything I wanted in late September back on my 60+ day, including Ohana, Savis, Oga’s, SH71, Up Close with Rhinos tour (those are what I thought would be the 5 hardest to get). I had no luck getting Sci Fi Diner lunch or Rose and Crown fireworks package. I think the R&C may not have released. The Sci Fi, I should have made this one a higher priority in the list I guess.

I also could get everything. It was actually easier with R&C fireworks, Dessert party and Up close with Rhinos, Savi’s and droids because those slots were released randomly after our 60+10 date.

I was lucky when our window opened and got everything on our wish list. However we eat an early lunch and early dinner, often booking for the fist sitting when a restaurant opens for lunch and dinner, which may have gone in our favour. I get that's not ideal for plenty of others.
That’s the thing. We also like the first slot for dinner. SH71 had NOTHING before 8:00. I just don’t get it. 🤷‍♀️

How many people, what dates? Biergarten has tons of availability in late September right now.
We were looking for Sept. 29 or Sept. 30 party of 2. I went to check this am after seeing your post. Nothing. But if I look for 4 there is availability. I have never been able to get the Rose and Crown and I literally look constantly. I am officially giving up this am... it is just making me mad lol.

We were looking for Sept. 29 or Sept. 30 party of 2. I went to check this am after seeing your post. Nothing. But if I look for 4 there is availability. I have never been able to get the Rose and Crown and I literally look constantly. I am officially giving up this am... it is just making me mad lol.

That’s very odd. Those dates have a lot of availability for a party of 3 also. I would book for 3 and then either modify to 2 or just show up with 1 less which doesn’t have a penalty. I’m not sure why they aren’t showing availability for 2.

I totally understand. It’s making me mad too! I’ve given up looking for a Homecoming brunch and will be happy with our Boma breakfast ADR.

That’s very odd. Those dates have a lot of availability for a party of 3 also. I would book for 3 and then either modify to 2 or just show up with 1 less which doesn’t have a penalty. I’m not sure why they aren’t showing availability for 2.
I just tried this and still no luck. Nothing before 8:00 at SH71 for a party of 2, 3, or 4 for September 30 or October 1.

I totally understand. It’s making me mad too! I’ve given up looking for a Homecoming brunch and will be happy with our Boma breakfast ADR.

I just tried this and still no luck. Nothing before 8:00 at SH71 for a party of 2, 3, or 4 for September 30 or October 1.

I was responding about Biergarten.

Ive always had luck making dining reservations a day or two before the day I want to go, and sometimes the same day.
There are a couple reservations that I want, but I am hoping they will open up closer to the date, as people cancel.

I had to reschedule my stay so ended up booking just over 30 days out. That said, I'm notorious for changing my mind and switching reservations prior to my trip anyway (using reservation finders) and I agree, I've never, ever found it this difficult to get reservations.

I was lucky enough to get a Chef Mickey's but I've almost completely given up on ever finding a Storybook or Space 220 reservation.

I have generally had pretty good luck using the TP reservation finder but last few trips it's been really, really hard. For our upcoming August trip (usually low crowds and easy to get), there are some nights that are just randomly hard, but I think Disney has also been holding back a little on the dining reservations and releasing more reservations within the 60 days -

Example: I was trying to get a group of 10 for Flying Fish on a Saturday night, booking as a 4 and a 6. Got the 4 at 5:45 and the closest time I could get for the 6 was 6:45, which took two weeks on TP Reservation finder. Then last week I decided to check again for a party of 6 and there were multiple times available, including a 5:40 which I took right away. So maybe if you don't get it right away, keep trying.

That said, last trip we were a little late booking for NYE dinner (split stay) and there was literally nothing available for 4 people - 24 hours before, we did find some Epcot restaurants with availability.

(... goes back to look at current plans and take a look at a few less-than-ideal ADRs... I may be posting on the Aug/Sep canceled reservations thread later...):tink:

I never make reservations for Homecomin' anymore... I just walk up an wait for the bar seating. And for Ohana I have twice recently just walked up, joined the waitlist and waited no more than 45 minutes. I feel like at a lot of Disney restaurants they are now taking less reservations and opening up more of the restaurant for walk ups.
Back in February, We made a 2 night pit stop at WDW on our drive back from Key West. We had to get a 2 day park ticket so we went to Epcot after we checked in (the plan was MK our 1 full day) DW and I love Le Cellier at Epcot and of course could not get a reservation. We walked up and got a table for 3 with less than a 5 minute wait.

Just want to say thank you to the person who mentioned adjusting your party size!! We can only book 60 days out, and I couldn't find any reservations for 2 people for Boma, Oga's, or Yak & Yeti. Switched to 3 people, Boma had tons, so I booked and modified to 2 people (weird how all of a sudden there's availability Disney). Ogas, we booked 1 person at a time and got times within 5 minutes. Just trying to figure out Yak & Yeti now which doesn't seem to have any availability at all.

Just want to say thank you to the person who mentioned adjusting your party size!! We can only book 60 days out, and I couldn't find any reservations for 2 people for Boma, Oga's, or Yak & Yeti. Switched to 3 people, Boma had tons, so I booked and modified to 2 people (weird how all of a sudden there's availability Disney). Ogas, we booked 1 person at a time and got times within 5 minutes. Just trying to figure out Yak & Yeti now which doesn't seem to have any availability at all.
For Yak &Yeti, you could get a Landry’s Select Club card, which gives you priority seating as a walk up or the option to call the number on the card and make a reservation directly.

I never make reservations for Homecomin' anymore... I just walk up an wait for the bar seating. And for Ohana I have twice recently just walked up, joined the waitlist and waited no more than 45 minutes. I feel like at a lot of Disney restaurants they are now taking less reservations and opening up more of the restaurant for walk ups.
Was that for breakfast or dinner when you walked up at Ohana?

Thanks! I was just wondering if there was a waiting list for breakfast as well. We’re going in October so it will be after Stitch and Lilo return - I’m not getting my hopes up.
Always worth a try. I was able to get into Topolino's for breakfast as a walk up when I thought that was impossible too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter