Difficulty Booking Wish Dining Reservations at Palo or Enchante?

John P.

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else had difficulty booking Palo or Enchante for a party of two on the Wish. We have cruised Disney 18 times and prior to the Wish have never had a problem booking a reservation at Palo or Remy‘s. That said, we’ve never been successful doing it on the Wish. When we try to book online, it doesn’t show the restaurants as sold out, but comes back with a comment that they cannot book at this time and to try again later or on the ship. Has any other twosome had that problem?

Has anyone else had difficulty booking Palo or Enchante for a party of two on the Wish. We have cruised Disney 18 times and prior to the Wish have never had a problem booking a reservation at Palo or Remy‘s. That said, we’ve never been successful doing it on the Wish. When we try to book online, it doesn’t show the restaurants as sold out, but comes back with a comment that they cannot book at this time and to try again later or on the ship. Has any other twosome had that problem?
It's a big problem on the Wish, due to the high number of Concierge rooms, which get priority for bookings, even before Platinums. What you're describing sounds like maybe a web site glitch, but bookings on Wish are a mess, IMO

We were never able to book Palo brunch from platinum booking day to being first in the request line on embarkation.

We were not able to book Palo dinner ahead of time, but it was available once we were on board.

We will be sailing on the Wish in a few weeks as a party of two. Had no difficulty getting Palo when the concierge window opened.

Thanks for the response. We are not Concierge. I believe you have a huge advantage with that. Just seems like the new ship doesn't cater to a party of two. As I said, never have had a problem getting a reservation on any of the other ships/cruises we were on.

Thanks

It is a matter of "first-class" vs. "coach". Those that spend the money and get the expensive rooms get first crack (which they should because they spent the money for that right), then those that spend the money and sail frequently with DCL pick up the remaining options that are available. The common folk need to wait for embarkation day try to pick up the spoils. Only other option is to check frequently to see if the upper class change their mind and cancel their reservation. As DCL keeps adding more and more concierge rooms to their ships in order to maximize their profits, the more likely the pay-for dining rooms will be unavailable to us. That's okay, MDR food works just fine.
Katesdad

It is a matter of "first-class" vs. "coach". Those that spend the money and get the expensive rooms get first crack (which they should because they spent the money for that right), then those that spend the money and sail frequently with DCL pick up the remaining options that are available. The common folk need to wait for embarkation day try to pick up the spoils. Only other option is to check frequently to see if the upper class change their mind and cancel their reservation. As DCL keeps adding more and more concierge rooms to their ships in order to maximize their profits, the more likely the pay-for dining rooms will be unavailable to us. That's okay, MDR food works just fine.
Katesdad
Thanks for the response and I'm sure you're correct. It's just frustrating because this was not a problem on the other ships. It seems consistent with Disney (Cruise, Parks, etc) that you pay more over time and get less.

Thanks for the response and I'm sure you're correct. It's just frustrating because this was not a problem on the other ships. It seems consistent with Disney (Cruise, Parks, etc) that you pay more over time and get less.
Yes but it is also the inaugural year. Lots of “7 night or more cruise” people repeat disney cruisers doing back to backs to experience the Wish and not wanting to repeat restaurants so they book specialty on one leg of the B2B. Give it a year… brunch will always be hard just like the other ships but I bet dinner will be a lot easier.

I just recently sailed on a B2B (not concierge), I was not able to book Palo dinner or Enchante dinner in advance and received the same message (not showing as sold out, but cannot book at this time). Once I got on board, I went to Luna and was able to book both Palo dinner and Enchante dinner. I recommend you go to Luna as soon as they open (12:30pm it was for us), but get there a bit earlier as a large line does form. I also had no problem booking a 2nd Palo dinner the same way for the second leg of my B2B. I didn't try for Palo brunch, but from what I was overhearing, availability was extremely limited and they were taking names for a waitlist.

It's not a glitch, and to add to what was already said, trying to get a reservation for 2 seems to be an issue now at all Palo/Remy/Enchante reservations across the board on the ships. They want to book parties of more than 2. If you are getting the response not available to book for your party at this time, it means there are tables available but they are not letting parties for 2 to book. That's when you try to book onboard first thing. If there is nothing available onboard, put your name on the waiting list, and they will notify you if there is availability. This worked well for us on the Dream, but were never notified on the Wish. (We are Gold...)

Non-concierge, DCL Platinum, two adults sailing in a few weeks and had no issue booking Palo brunch on the Wish when our window opened at midnight.

Was this for a 3 or 4 night? I'm thinking maybe it's easier on the 4 nighters since they do it twice. I'll find out tomorrow night at midnight. ;)

It's not a glitch, and to add to what was already said, trying to get a reservation for 2 seems to be an issue now at all Palo/Remy/Enchante reservations across the board on the ships.
I have not found this to be the case with the original four ships, even lately. I've sailed solo twice in the past year (Magic and Fantasy) and haven't had any issue getting dinner reservations for one at Palo or Remy either in advance (I'm gold) or onboard. I don't sail concierge. It is not hard for small parties to get dinner reservations for Palo or Remy on the Fab Four ships.

I've been reading a lot of reviews and it seems concierge has unlimited reservations. The Wish has a larger amount of concierge rooms. One couple bragged that they never ate in any restaurants like 1923, Arendelle and Marvel. Platinum can't even get them. We are platinum and planned to try onboard on embarkation day but the line was insane. We decided to just blow it off on the Wish.

I’m getting this problem on the Dream - trying to book a party of 2 for Palo brunch and keep getting the try again later error. I was able to book Palo dinner. I’m going to try onboard for brunch and then cancel dinner if we can get it.

Was this for a 3 or 4 night? I'm thinking maybe it's easier on the 4 nighters since they do it twice. I'll find out tomorrow night at midnight. ;)
Four night and our Nassau day. We weren't planning to get off the ship while in port so we booked brunch (had a good amount of availability) and a shave for my husband later in the afternoon.

Four night and our Nassau day. We weren't planning to get off the ship while in port so we booked brunch (had a good amount of availability) and a shave for my husband later in the afternoon.

Thanks for the reply. We won't get off in Nassau either, so I'll take it any day. I prefer early but again, I won't be picky if I can get it. ;) It really is a highlight of the cruise for us. In fact, when I was trying to convince myself to book the Wish (I'm not overly thrilled about a lot on it), I said at least we will still have Palo Brunch and CC. I didn't realize Brunch could be an issue. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter