Difficulty booking christmas week at Grand Floridian at 11 month mark.

RajunCajun

DVC member from DFW
**DECEMBER VGF MEMBERS PLEASE**

Kind of an annoying question but I can only find dated answers in my queries so looking for more up-to-date. My immediate family (parents, siblings) are looking to purchase a DVC December contract at GF. it suits our needs and we tend to prefer the front half of the month due to having a large family with multiple sets of plans over Christmas week. IF in the event a few of us would like to do the 12/23-1/2 desired stay, what are my realistic chances of nailing a studio at that time. I feel slim to none as VGF has a small studio inventory but I just want to set my expectations from someone who has done it or tried to.

thank you

disclaimer - I am a dvc member already and do not need any further advice than what's being asked here.

agree, almost impossible to get 1, 2 would be a bit more difficult than hitting the Power Ball

Maybe see about purchasing a dedicated week.

I have always been able to get a standard studio the first 2 weeks of December except my first try. I didn't realize you need to be ready exactly 8 a.m. and don't add any extra names for additional guests. Call member services another time to update. I made the mistake of trying to add them and all of a sudden got an error and the room was gone. There may be more people walking now than when I used to book that time of the year. But I dont know about 2 studios, seems pretty tough. I think the few studios available are gone within the first minute.

Sorry, I misread and thought you were asking about the beginning of December. Never tried it around then.

I have gotten a studio the first week in December only once, and I got it because of walking. I had waitlisted It and it came through Within a few days. One year I got the last week in November on the first try.

This year I had gotten it again in November, but that trip was cancelled. However, it’s a strange year and I got 3 nights at about 5 months out . I had gotten December 3-6. Gave up one of those nights.

I do wish I had bought enough points for a 2-3 night 1 bedroom stay in December.

I have gotten a studio the first week in December only once, and I got it because of walking.

I guess I was naive on this topic....I assumed it would require booking early in the 11 month window. But I had no idea 8am 11 months out, a studio was still impossible to get. Obviously someone is getting those studios. I presume it’s all “walkers” that are having success. Please tell me this same problem does not exist for 1-bedroom villas??

I guess I was naive on this topic....I assumed it would require booking early in the 11 month window. But I had no idea 8am 11 months out, a studio was still impossible to get. Obviously someone is getting those studios. I presume it’s all “walkers” that are having success. Please tell me this same problem does not exist for 1-bedroom villas??
Not to the same extent, but because so many are shut out of studios they do book the 1BR and... well, ya snooze, you know what happens. Early birds. Etc.

To be clear, I was not walking, my nights came through the one year because the walkers were heading for later in December.

I oppose the concept of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter