Different toilet paper at resorts....

beachwarmer

<font color=deeppink>Thanks very much for the extr
After listening to Pete talk about the different level of H2O products at the resorts it reminded me of a comment my daughter made after our last trip.

We stayed a few days at the Pop Century before heading to WL. She commented at WL that she could no longer "see through the toilet paper." We then started to notice the different grades of toilet paper around WDW.
(Please keep in mind she is 4 and this is the kind of stuff little kids notice and keep noticing.....we are not crazy toilet paper people. It is not like I am researching a Toilet Paper Guidebook for WDW)

Here are our unscientific and prelimary findings.....

The Pop Century had the same grade as at the theme parks, (see through thin with visible fibres). Think tissue paper from the dollar store.

The WL paper in the room was at least two ply (could not see through) and much softer.

We even noticed the better quality paper in the restrooms in the lobby of the Grand Floridian and Beach Club. I think the restroom outside of the 1900 Park Fare and the ones at GF upstairs outside of Victoria & Alberts had the softest and thickest ones.

So the next time someone ask about the differences between a value and a moderate/deluxe resort I can add better toiletries and TOILET PAPER!!

I have to laugh about this because we've noticed that there definately is a difference. DH & I both work on a military bases and they supply that super thin tissue paper stuff that we lovingly refer to as "John Wayne TP" (no disrespect to John Wayne just a reference to it being tough and rough around the edges). The first time we ate at WL and DH took our oldest DS to the restroom near WCC he (DH that is) came back giddy about the quality of the TP. Hmmmm...wonder what that says about his state of maturity?!?!?! :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I smell a segment idea!! It's scatological AND makes for easy, inexpensive, and scientific reviewing. Now WHICH of the Podcast team is going to "step up" and Wipe Around the World??

Would fit with Kevin's dining reviews... well, afterwards.
Maybe John could drop a load of info about this...
Bawb could do it, after dropping the kids off at the pool...
Corey and Julie? Male vs Female TP perspectives...

Pete? I'm still stuck on confusing bathrooms and attics.... :laughing:

That's a lot of typing. I'm pooped. :rotfl:

I smell a segment idea!! It's scatological AND makes for easy, inexpensive, and scientific reviewing. Now WHICH of the Podcast team is going to "step up" and Wipe Around the World??

Please, Please Podcast team.....I am in no way suggesting this. This is MenashaCorp's suggestion.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I will only take responsibility for suggesting that for the integrity of the Podcast reviews Kevin needed to go back to 'Ohana....and I was really only being sarcastic.

Please God, I really don't want to hear Bawb reporting about the toilet paper he encounters.:scared:

Please, Please Podcast team.....I am in no way suggesting this. This is MenashaCorp's suggestion.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I will only take responsibility for suggesting that for the integrity of the Podcast reviews Kevin needed to go back to 'Ohana....and I was really only being sarcastic.

Yeah. Just pushing the ol' envelope. Sometimes ya gotta PUSH a little harder.

Abhorrent
F*cal
Reference ;)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Too funny!!!

After listening to Pete talk about the different level of H2O products at the resorts it reminded me of a comment my daughter made after our last trip.

We stayed a few days at the Pop Century before heading to WL. She commented at WL that she could no longer "see through the toilet paper." We then started to notice the different grades of toilet paper around WDW.
(Please keep in mind she is 4 and this is the kind of stuff little kids notice and keep noticing.....we are not crazy toilet paper people. It is not like I am researching a Toilet Paper Guidebook for WDW)

Here are our unscientific and prelimary findings.....

The Pop Century had the same grade as at the theme parks, (see through thin with visible fibres). Think tissue paper from the dollar store.

The WL paper in the room was at least two ply (could not see through) and much softer.

We even noticed the better quality paper in the restrooms in the lobby of the Grand Floridian and Beach Club. I think the restroom outside of the 1900 Park Fare and the ones at GF upstairs outside of Victoria & Alberts had the softest and thickest ones.

So the next time someone ask about the differences between a value and a moderate/deluxe resort I can add better toiletries and TOILET PAPER!!

I TOTALLY agree with this. I usually buy my own Angel Soft when getting pop and snacks, but in Feb, we were at the GF, and it WAS NOT necessary. (Although I probably paid $25.00 per night for that TP:eek: )

I TOTALLY agree with this. I usually buy my own Angel Soft when getting pop and snacks, but in Feb, we were at the GF, and it WAS NOT necessary. (Although I probably paid $25.00 per night for that TP:eek: )

$25 well spent though!

I have also noticed the different quality of tp in the world...on my most recent trip I compared the tp at Pop to the tp at the Boardwalk! :) Boardwalk was 2 ply!

:rotfl: Love this thread, what a hoot. :rotfl:

But then again, Dh and I used to say that we needed to start bringing our own tp for BCV, but then last year it was a better quality. :laughing:

Wow! I thought i was one of the only people who noticed this. At Disneyland California i saw a huge difference in quality of paper in the Parks than i saw in our hotel (The Grand Californian).

Love the poop reference for this week!

I agree with regina we don't need the mental image of bawb in the parks on this one poor regina his boxers were enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter