• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Different staterooms in cat 3??

dylan'smom

DIS Veteran
I seem to remember, a while back, some discussion about the different sizes & layout of the 1 bedroom staterooms on the Magic in cat 3. I can't find any of the threads - does anyone have any info on that?

We booked on board in June for fall, 2004 to get the onboard credit, & want to change to 2005 when the rooms are available. I would really like to check on the best room available then since we should be early enough to do that.

Thanks for any advice!!
:cool:

There are 4 category 3 rooms near the midship elevators which seem to be a bit larger than the others. They are 8032, 8034, 8532, and 8534. The hallway seems to widen around the elevators, so the rooms are a bit longer than the others, with a larger verandah.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge of whether these rooms are better than the others in this category, but based on the deck plan they do seem to be different from the others, so they may be what you're looking for.

They are DEFINITELY larger!!!!!

We sailed in 8032 last summer. Another dis Boarder was in 854?--and hers was noticably smaller. The murphy bed was in the bedroom (so long privacy for mom and dad), and you had to crawl over it to get and out of the verandah when it was down.

Also the three midships Cat 3's have a triple wide verandah as opposed to teh double wide.

Click the link in my sig for my trip report, it actually has the measurements (I took a tape measure with us!) of 8032. There's also a bunch of photo's.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter