different resorts, same family?

CdnMom2

DIS Veteran
We're planning our first trip beginning Dec '02 or Jan '03 (2 weeks). We will be camping at Ft. Wilderness. Family of 2 adults, 4 children. Is it possible to book a room at 1 of the resorts as well. If some of the family stayed there a couple nights for a decent bed, shower & thrill for the kids can rest of family visit at the room, i.e. pick-up to go to parks, have a meal, nap mid-day? Swim? No, I guess the latter constitutes pool-hopping and I've seen lots about that already here. Because of the size of our family we would have to book 2 rooms at most of the places for all of us. Even with the current great AllStars deal we'd still be cheaper if camped & 1 room. Is it feasible for some of family to continue camping and some to have a Resort room. Don't worry, these kids love camping. But would be nice if each got a turn at having a Mickey Wake-up Call or their stuffed animals rearranged, etc. Crazy question, I realize, but we're trying to be very creative in order to make this trip happen!

You could do it, but the communication might be an issue. What if you get confused about where and when you are going to meet? I would think that if you have that worked out this could be an option. The afternoon nap is much nicer inside.

Jenn

You can do it if you plan everything well. I'm assuming you'll have a car if you're staying at FW (without a car I would even attempt this). In past years we've gone my sisters family. We fly down and stay on property. They drive and stay off property. They just drive to our resort in the morning and we start from there. Only once did we have a mix up in meeting.

I think your kids would really enjoy the All Stars. We've stayed at FW in the cabins, but it doesn't have the same Disney feel to us as the resorts. If you can swing it financially (maybe you can get a good discount code if you watch Mousesavers since you have plenty of time), I'd stay at All Stars and forget the camping!

Wherever you decide to stay, I'm sure you'll have a great trip. 19 days for us!!!!

The AS resorts are the easiest places to stay near each other, if you could not book in the same hotel. You pretty much can walk from one to the other!

I would just request a room away from the pools. I recall waking up at 3:00 AM the first night to call the lobby and ask them to please send security to quiet down the area. They did that right away, and I had no more problems for the rest of our stay. When I stayed at the Movies a year ago, I never heard anyone in the pool. It was value season and we were not staying right in front of the pool, however.

I love camping, but am concerned about doing it at Disney, only because I am not sure about how secured my valuables and souvenirs will be. If you bring your own trailer or are able to lock up your cabin, that's one thing. But if you drag your tent along, what guarantee will you have that nobody else will sneak into it?

Just me, though. maybe I don't know enough about how they handle those issues at the campground.

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter