Different ideas for leftover ham?

Maggie Lizer

DIS Veteran
I am glad to see a cooking forum here - I love trying new things!

Anyway, we had a boneless ham for dinner on Thursday, and I made delish Croque Moinsure (sp?) on Friday, and was looking for a new idea for the rest of the leftovers for tonight or tomorrow. I've thought about omelettes or a fritatta, or maybe a bean soup, but if anyone has something different, I'd love to hear it!

TIA!

I love scalloped potatoes & ham! You can also make chicken cordon bleu and use some of your ham. You can also freeze some and use at a later time, no need to eat it all right away. I made a small ham yesterday and have just enough for some sandwiches. :cool1:

Ooh, I like the idea of cordon bleu. I have some thin-cut chicken breast and some swiss or havarti that would go well.

I love putting leftover ham and peas in homemade baked macaroni and cheese...yummy!!!!

I was just going to suggest the same thing :goodvibes I often add sweetcorn, cooked onion/mushrooms or whatever is to hand - DH's favourite way to eat ham:goodvibes

I use it to make ham roll ups- You chop up the ham into small pieces and add a vegetable (some of us like broccoli and some like mushrooms also in small pieces) and add some shredded cheese (I use cheddar but any type you would like). Using a bought cresent rolll dough add a heaping spoonful of the mixture into the center and then bring ends in to close a bit. Bake at temp required by the cresents. I normally do about 2-3 for DH and I my brother who loves them normally wants 6-8.

Rebecca

A big pot of potatoe and ham soup,YUMMY.Great on cold days also!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter