Different icecream on the dream

Theory0197

Joey
I went on the Disney Dream 4 day Jan 13 to 17. Has anyone else noticed that the soft serve ice cream is different and lesser quality than what there use to be. But on castaway cay it is the old amazing delicious ice cream we all use to know and love anyone know why this change happend?

We were on the same cruise and I thought maybe I was just imagining things...the ice cream definitely seemed a bit different to us than it did last summer.

We were just on that cruise. I didn't notice anything different with the eye scream soft serve on the ship until we got some on CC. Then I went back to the ship around 4:00 and tried it again. I thought I was the only one who thought it was different. The CC was firmer and had a better vanilla taste than the ship.

Yeh it was way different the ice cream on castaway was the old good one idk what they would have changed it on the boat and not castaway

Fingers crossed it is just a temporary supply issue—maybe CC still had supplies of the old stuff but the ship ran put and its ordinary supplier couldn’t restock it on time so they had to get soft serve somewhere else.

From my understanding, Its more the Ice Cream machine than the actual Ice Cream itself. All 4 ships and Castaway use the same mix. I asked one of the machine attendants about that when I was on the Dream this Last June. The machines on castaway are used less and replaced less. The ones on the Dream and Fantasy are used the most out of all of the ships and replaced more regularly.

My absolute favorite ice cream is on the magic. It seems like the machines are able to freeze faster and work better overall because they are used less. Never been on the wonder so I cant attest to that.

From my understanding, Its more the Ice Cream machine than the actual Ice Cream itself. All 4 ships and Castaway use the same mix. I asked one of the machine attendants about that when I was on the Dream this Last June. The machines on castaway are used less and replaced less. The ones on the Dream and Fantasy are used the most out of all of the ships and replaced more regularly.
The turn over makes sense in the quality of the output.

So the dream needs a new machine

That or the machines just need more time to freeze over properly. Usually I save "soft serve" time for during the First dining seating (6 - 8 PM) or late at night right before they close because the machines have more time to freeze better.

Maybe they want you to buy the ice cream at the shop on the Dream?

Honestly, I've never gotten that feeling from anyone on the Dream or the Fantasy. The up charge options are available if you want something different but not aggressive or pushy. The Soft serve machines just need time to catch up.

That or the machines just need more time to freeze over properly. Usually I save "soft serve" time for during the First dining seating (6 - 8 PM) or late at night right before they close because the machines have more time to freeze better.

Honestly, I've never gotten that feeling from anyone on the Dream or the Fantasy. The up charge options are available if you want something different but not aggressive or pushy. The Soft serve machines just need time to catch up.
Good deal then.

But I know I will still buy some ice cream on the Dream. Very little, but a few bites.:teeth:

But I know I will still buy some ice cream on the Dream. Very little, but a few bites.:teeth:

When my sister and I sailed a few years back, we got one of the specialty Sundaes to split. It was like 5 or 6 bucks and really delicious. Definitely a good size to share without busting the budget. (Lets face it, that's already been done to get on the ship 😂)

When my sister and I sailed a few years back, we got one of the specialty Sundaes to split. It was like 5 or 6 bucks and really delicious. Definitely a good size to share without busting the budget. (Lets face it, that's already been done to get on the ship 😂)
Oh it won't be but a few bites for me. Maybe two at the most. I am having a weight loss surgery.

It was different then not being able to freeze it was a different color and was like crappy buffet soft serve

I was on the fantasy in November and noticed the lack of quality right away. Even my kids noticed before I even said anything to them. It was pretty disappointing. Once we were on Castaway Cay though, it was delicious like it was on our previous cruise.

I went on the Disney Dream 4 day Jan 13 to 17. Has anyone else noticed that the soft serve ice cream is different and lesser quality than what there use to be. But on castaway cay it is the old amazing delicious ice cream we all use to know and love anyone know why this change happend?
The taste of ice cream depends on the butterfat %. Low butterfat ice-cream is less expensive and doesn't taste as good. I hope what is going on here is not a cost cutting thing. Thats not what I expect when I sail Disney

Does it REALLY matter right now?? Regardless of it being a mix or a machine issue, the current situation is that the machines are not in use and we won't know anything until passengers are back on the ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter