• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Different boarding times

seselby83

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 are repeat cruisers. This next trip we will be going with grandparents and my sisters family. My husband and I, and 1 of our kids are split between the 3 cabins for the CC benefits, and OBB discount purposes. My sister will be arriving on a different flight, and into the port at a later time. Her 2 kids are in her stateroom with me; and her husband is in my husbands room with 1 of my kids. Can my family of 4 go ahead and get on with grandparents, and then they get on board when they get to port? Exploring our options as we work thru the transportation.
I understand that my son in the grandparents room is not able to get on the ship without them, since he is a minor and they are the adults on the reservation. My question is solely on the other two cabin that have the adults and kids split up. TIA

I believe I have seen a question similar to this before. I think that as long a adult in the stateroom is there to accompany a child that they can board before other members of the stateroom.

I would call Disney to confirm. Good luck!

Definitely call and ask. First, you want to make sure you fill out the Minor Authorization form, which will allow adults not in your stateroom to take your kiddos on/off the ship. Security won't allow it otherwise.

Next, it will depend on what ship you're boarding and when. If you're on Dream or Fantasy out of Port Canaveral, it's likely to be a mob scene in there and out of band requests may not be possible without prior setup with DCL. However, when we boarded Wonder in San Juan, it was laid back and lazy and you could board whenever.

Bottom line, do your paperwork in advance and call DCL to set it up.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter