Difference between Port & Starboard side of ship?

FanofDis

Mouseketeer
What is the difference between the port and starborad side of ship? Is one better than the other? (this will be our first cruise).

We have been on both sides of the ship; and for no reason I can explain we like the port (left) side better. Rooms are exactly the same. If you are heading south you will have beautiful sunrises on the port side. But you will have beautiful sunsets on the starboard side. Hope this helps a bit.

On the Western:

Starboard facing the DCL terminal
Starboard facing Key West at the dock
Starboard looking southerly in Cozumel at dock
Starboard facing CC much of the time (ship typically backs in)

Port facing the Key West sunset
Port looking toward downtown at Cozumel

In GC, depends upon the wind direction as the anchors are set from the bow, and you tender in.

I guess it really doesn't matter too much as far as the "view" goes. A better question might be which side of the ship has the better cabin crews, and that would be tough to answer.

we tend to book our cruises later than most....typically 3-4 months before sailing....we always seem to get shut out of the starboard staterooms we are interested in....I dont know why, but starboard tends to be more popular for cat 9 (deck 2)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter