Dietary requirements at disney parks

the_bUg

Mouseketeer
Hi there, I'm not sure if this board is appropriate, but I figure since it focuses on diet, this may be the place to ask. My wife has been losing/low weight for quite a while and is recently weighing as little as 91 lbs, despite the fact that she would eat plenty of food. She has just recently been diagnosed with Crohnes disease after a recent hospitalization and will have certain dietary requirements going forward. Apparently her condition was causing mal-absorption and no matter how much she was eating her body was not absorbing the nutrients.

Are there any resources or lists of healthy places to eat. Healthy options in the parks? Specifically she requires high nutrient, high protein, low fibre, whole foods. The low fiber part is the problem, since it rules out most things people would traditionally consider as "healthy" options. We should be avoiding uncooked vegetables, whole grains, high animal fat meats, deep fried foods, refined sugars.

Good items for her are cooked fish, cooked LEAN meats, poached or baked chicken, steamed or boiled vegetables, certain fruits like apples, bannanas, anything with skin removed that is low fibre. Anyhow, I'm hoping you fine folks can either present some options or point me in the direction of a good informational resource. We can of course arrange to "bring" some food through a grocery delivery service, but that won't take care of the "full meal" needs while in the parks. Thanks in advance.

Hi there, I'm not sure if this board is appropriate, but I figure since it focuses on diet, this may be the place to ask. My wife has been losing/low weight for quite a while and is recently weighing as little as 91 lbs, despite the fact that she would eat plenty of food. She has just recently been diagnosed with Crohnes disease after a recent hospitalization and will have certain dietary requirements going forward. Apparently her condition was causing mal-absorption and no matter how much she was eating her body was not absorbing the nutrients.

Are there any resources or lists of healthy places to eat. Healthy options in the parks? Specifically she requires high nutrient, high protein, low fibre, whole foods. The low fiber part is the problem, since it rules out most things people would traditionally consider as "healthy" options. We should be avoiding uncooked vegetables, whole grains, high animal fat meats, deep fried foods, refined sugars.

Good items for her are cooked fish, cooked LEAN meats, poached or baked chicken, steamed or boiled vegetables, certain fruits like apples, bannanas, anything with skin removed that is low fibre. Anyhow, I'm hoping you fine folks can either present some options or point me in the direction of a good informational resource. We can of course arrange to "bring" some food through a grocery delivery service, but that won't take care of the "full meal" needs while in the parks. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. A very good friend of mine was diagnosed a year ago, so I do have some answers for you.

First, if you plan on any sit table service meals, mark or have noted on your reservation that you have allergy issues. At a table service, usually this means that a chef will come and talk to your wife about what can be prepared for her.

At counter service, you will want to check the menus at allears.net, but most of the locations will offer some kind of option. Also, be sure to check the children's menu. With the Mickey Check program, many of the children's meals offer a simply prepared chicken or fish with steamed veggies, and they could likely prepare an adult sized portion.

As for fruit, there are fruit carts throughout the park, offering apples, bananas, etc so there are snacks available as well.

In general, I have found Disney to be very easy to navigate with dietary requirements.

All the best,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter