• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diet Help?

I highly suggest The Diet for Teenagers Only book. Admittedly, I don't follow their plan verbatim, but it is a good source on what to eat/not to eat, and portion sizes. They also have excellent low-fat recipes. :D

Make sure you stick with it...so many people I know go on diets and then a week later they stop

Being able to separate myth from fact is a big key with dieting.

Myth:
- Six smaller meals helps "speed" up your metabolism
- Carbs before bed make you fat
- Exercising will make you lose weight

Fact:
- It's all about the calories
- Protein has a higher thermogenic effect than carbs or fat
- Exercise is not required when dieting

There's a ton more I can probably think of..

Oh, and I personally like Sparkteens.com as a good place for support :)

I signed up so I could read.. Not bad, but one big thing I noticed that they were wrong about.

"Carbohydrate is necessary for the regulation of nerve tissue and is the ONLY source of energy for the brain."

That's incorrect. Your brain can run on ketones. Before humans started eating grains our bodies ran on ketones. The article looks heavily against going into a state of ketosis. There may be some bias there.

Okay.
Many people on here disagree with how I diet, just thought I'd start off saying that.
My mom went on a diet when she was around my age and lost over 60lbs.
So after seeing my last vacation pictures, I started dieting.
When I first started off I love 5 or 6lbs the first week, very easily. After that it seemed to take a lot longer to lose pounds. I stuck with it and have so far went down 4 pants sizes, and 2 shirt sizes.
I know some people don't think you need exercise however I disagree with that. Everyday I exercise at least 45 minuntes (not counting walking and the stuff you do everyday). I find I feel much better after exercising and have more energy.
After eating an nice breakfast and lunch, I have a bowl of cereal.
^^^^^^^^^ Works for me.
Remember Girls and Guys diet different ways. It's kind of hard for a guy to tell a girl how to lose weight, if the guy's not medically trained.

but maybe a person who is obese feels bad about herself and cares too much about what other people think of looks will feel better by getting skinnier

but maybe a person who is obese feels bad about herself and cares too much about what other people think of looks will feel better by getting skinnier
That doesn't mean automatic confidence.

I know a ton of people who have lost weight, but still stand in front of the mirror thinking they're really fat and ugly, and they need to lose a few more pounds.

You have to be happy with the way you are, whether that be overweight, thin, old, young, whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people shouldn't lose weight if they want to. But it should be because of health, and not the false belief that they'll love themselves more.

I'm going to differ here and side with luis enrique.

for me, my confidence doesn't have to do all with my weight, but losing some would help. i think it depends on where you are from though. my area is full of extremely skinny girls, appearance is everything in my high school. do you wear the right clothes? what size are you? that deal. and i'm not skinny, to their standards. they get the most attention from the best looking guys at our school (i guess im not too far away from judging on appearance but i never said i was so... hahah). ive got self confidence, but sometime i wish i was smaller. i dunno, its a personal thing but this town has cracked a lot of people. i know someone who had medical/personal issues because of the appearance pressure this town puts on us. just a different side to it...

umm i really feel like i can help you here. i was recently diagnosed with pre diabetes and my doctor keeps telling me diets for the most part are doomed for failure because after time and time again you get bored and sick of what you are eating and then u splurge on junk and it ruins everything you have acheived.

I swear to God i am not lying within a month and a half i have dropped nine pounds because i have been eating healtheir, and smaller portions. even though eating right and smaller portions is extreamly important is excercise...it is 80% of it all.

I am against all diets but my doctor game me this guide you can look it up on the computer and all and it is not really a diet but more of a guide to help you know what you are eating...it is called the 1800 calorie diet and i repeat myslef agian it is not a diet so dont ask me why it is called such things...

anyway i hope i have helped as i have been living this life and i understand what your going through...well not really but i can get a basic understanding of where you are coming from.

That doesn't mean automatic confidence.

I know a ton of people who have lost weight, but still stand in front of the mirror thinking they're really fat and ugly, and they need to lose a few more pounds.

You have to be happy with the way you are, whether that be overweight, thin, old, young, whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people shouldn't lose weight if they want to. But it should be because of health, and not the false belief that they'll love themselves more.
but remeber, everyone is different. there is some people that feel more confident after dieting and losing weight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter