Didn't see this tip

herodrx1

<font color=darkorchid>Family of Disney Nuts!!!<br
We just got back from DL on Sunday 6-11-06. While we were there we noticed a GREAT spot to watch the fireworks. If you go back to IASW there is tons of room. They show the "movie" on the walls of IASW and they shot the big fireworks off behind ToonTown. It was great. We could even lay on the ground and look up without anyone in our space or us in theirs.

I can't believe i never saw this tip before. :thumbsup2

herodrx1, thanks for the tip! We'll be there next week, so maybe we'll give that a try. Was it fairly easy to exit the park after the fireworks from that location?

I've seen this tip, and everyone says it's an awesome place to see the fireworks. I think we will try this one night on our trip in August. However, please note that you won't be able to see Tinkerbell's flight if you sit by IASW.

Wow great tip, thanks! We are going to DL at the end of June, so that is good to know. :teeth:

Nice tip.I'll have to try that 'if' i make it in Sept. :sunny:

Its true you can't see Tink. We saw her one night so that was enough for my DD6.

The area is right in front of the train station at Toon Town so park exit is a piece of cake. Just jump on the train and ride to Main Street. Way easier than trying to walk through the crowds.

Hope this works for you all!!

Thanks for the tip. We will be there several nights and so it seems this would be great one night and then hop on the train to Adventureland and scope a place for Fantasmics late show. All the crowd from the early show will be gone by then.

This is actually my favorite place to watch the fireworks. You do miss Tink and the castle but the projections on IASW make up for it. This is a great place if you have small kids or elderly who can't take being sandwiched inside a human mass! There is also popcorn and churros stands nearby that aren't crowded like the ones near Main Street and the hub. And if you know just when to look, you can see a brief instant of Tinker Belle as she begins her flight from the Matterhorn over to the castle.

It is an awesome spot to watch the fireworks from :thumbsup2 We discovered that last time by actually being on IASW while the fireworks started...we saw the finale while exiting the boats. It was great :teeth: Another good spot we found, although you can't hear much of the soundtrack or see some of the projections, is from Innoventions (the 2nd floor patio). We could even see the fire from the Indiana Jones part and some of the projections (HM ghosts were my favorite) and we could hear some music. :wizard:

Thanks for this amazing tip! We just finished our first trip to DL - we have been there for the last three days. I saw this tip, and last night, went to IASW to see the fireworks. It was incredible - and the movie playing on the walls of IASW really added to the fireworks show.

I actually did see Tinkerbell - I happened to hear the person behind me exclaim something and turned around to see Tinkerbell just in time b/f she flew behind the castle. So it is possible to see Tinkerbell if you are positioned correctly and know when to look behind you. Unfortunately no one else in my family turned in time, so I was the only one to see her.

We were incredibly impressed by the fireworks show. My husband was complaining he was too tired to go back (we were staying 10 mins away from DL at his brother's house and left DL to go home for dinner). He agreed to go b/c our kids wanted to go, and he was SO glad he changed his mind. Said it was the best fireworks show he'd seen (and we also got to ride a bunch of rides, including Splash Mtn twice w/no lines!).

Oh wow, that sure beats being smashed by all the people on main street! I will for sure be trying this out on our trip! Great tip, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter